Prune Users Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prune Users Not Working

I can delete users one by one in the acp, but when I go to prune users and try to delete say users inactive for x number of days they dont delete. It says deleting subscriptions and all that then says deleting users, and takes me back to the prune users page, but the users dont get deleted.

This wasnt working for me in RC 2 and I upgraded to RC 3 and its still not.

Can you try to mass prune members again and before deleting them, right click the page and goto properties, then paste the URL here? (you can remove the www.yoursite part if you don't want to disclose it.)

Comment

hmmm

admincp/user.php

Comment

bump

Comment

I can't duplicate this problem in my unhacked RC3 test forum. It removed alo the users just fine. Did you check the 'delete' option prior to submitting this request?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, the delete box is checked.

By board is unhacked.

Mass moving users works.

Comment

Hmmm...I don't know what this problem is. As I said I couldn't duplicate it. Try reuploading all the original RC3 non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII and overwrite the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have been testing some different ways out on how to do this and none of them can duplicate this. the prune / delete is really working as it should here, and the remove descriptions part too. Both seperatly from each other of course.

Comment

ok well in the mean time I have updated to 3 gold succesfully, and mass prune of users still doesnt work. nothing happens though it goes through the process and says its deleting, the users dont get deleted!

Comment

I really don't know what would cause this. I can't duplicate this problem so maybe it's server related. Are you sure you uploaded all the vB3 Gold files?

In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

http://www.rapcheck.com/b/?&do=phpinfo

Comment

You are running a terribly outdated version of PHP. I recommend upgrading to PHP 4.3.5 to see if this fixes the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok... I know the php version is old, its shared hosting so I don't personally have the options to upgrade anything can only suggest.

Comment

I'm having the same problem at our forum =\ We're running vBulletin Version 3.0.3 we're running php version 4.3.4

Also, in the Admin Cp when you click on "ban user" you get..

"
                            Not Found

The requested URL //banning.php was not found on this server.

"

And indeed there is no banning.php in admincp on the server

Any suggestions?
                            Last edited by gsnetworks; Sun 22 Aug '04, 10:32pm.

Comment

I've deleted around 600 users one by one

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X