Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I understand you are frustrated but please do not purposely get around the profanity filters again. Thanks - and good luck with the backup.

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    do you have any older back ups or does your host also backup to tape ? you can ask your host to restore a backup from tape ?
    Emailed them fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaz.t
    Nope

Am i <profanity removed>
    do you have any older back ups or does your host also backup to tape ? you can ask your host to restore a backup from tape ?

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    Nope

Am i <profanity removed>

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaz.t
    well

when i dragged all the files from my FTP and made a copy of them on my hard drive wont the database be in them, the forum had no problems when i copied these files.
    Only if you backed up your DB to a .SQL file first, and that file was in the list of files you pulled down.

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    Originally posted by shorty
    Are you sure? I thought this corrupt dump was your only backup?
    well

when i dragged all the files from my FTP and made a copy of them on my hard drive wont the database be in them, the forum had no problems when i copied these files.

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    Are you sure? I thought this corrupt dump was your only backup?

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    I still have the complete database

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You will need a complete database in order to get this back. Did you overwrite the existing database?

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    I guess so............

How many tables should i have !!!

I dragged my complete forum down to my hdd, before i made any changes so im quite willing to go back to VB2 if it gets me my forum back

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    replied
    He did a clean install instead of reading the upgrade instructions...

Thus, his database is a vanilla VB3.. his backup is a corrupt VB2.. and hes attempting to copy whatever is in that VB2 dump.. into his newly installed VB3.. which you and I know wont work. Also, Ive checked his dump SQL file he listed. It only has 5 tables in it before it dies.

Is that right Gaz?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm still unclear why you were trying to restore this backup. However if this is the only backup you have then it doesn't look good. You might want to ask your host if they make regular backups. Most quality hosts do.

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Sorry but it looks like that bakup file was incomplete. PHP timed out while attempting to back it up. There is no way to rerpiar it.
    steve have i lost everything !!!!!!!!!

From what has been restored i get all my forums back i can see them in admincp,

thats the only thing i can access

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry but it looks like that backup file was incomplete. PHP timed out while attempting to back it up. Unfortunately there is no way to repair it.

Leave a comment:

• Gaz.t
    replied
    Originally posted by shorty
    I just checked that SQL file you linked to. Appears to be a VB2 one.. but it's hosed... gets a certain way of the way through.. then errors out. I think it's corrupt.

Is there any other backups you have.. or is it just this one?
    Thats the only one i have i backed up in admincp i thought that was the best way

Can you repair that .sql file so i at least get something back

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X