No announcement yet.

DEVERSTATED Back help required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need a complete database in order to get this back. Did you overwrite the existing database?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I still have the complete database

Comment

Are you sure? I thought this corrupt dump was your only backup?

Comment

Originally posted by shorty
          Are you sure? I thought this corrupt dump was your only backup?
          well

when i dragged all the files from my FTP and made a copy of them on my hard drive wont the database be in them, the forum had no problems when i copied these files.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz.t
            well

when i dragged all the files from my FTP and made a copy of them on my hard drive wont the database be in them, the forum had no problems when i copied these files.
            Only if you backed up your DB to a .SQL file first, and that file was in the list of files you pulled down.
            vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Nope

Am i <profanity removed>

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz.t
                Nope

Am i <profanity removed>
                do you have any older back ups or does your host also backup to tape ? you can ask your host to restore a backup from tape ?
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                  do you have any older back ups or does your host also backup to tape ? you can ask your host to restore a backup from tape ?
                  Emailed them fingers crossed

Comment

I understand you are frustrated but please do not purposely get around the profanity filters again. Thanks - and good luck with the backup.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X