Comment

Sorry please explain

i still have my whole forum which i dragged down to my hdd,

If i upload vb2 php files will not corrupt vb3 by over writing them

can you give me a list of files which i need to upload

Comment

All of the vB2 files.

Comment

You need to upload all the files from the vbulletin 2.x.x version you was using previously before the upgrade attempt.
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

Can I Just get the jist of this..

You backed up your VB2 db before you upgraded to VB3... you say the VB3 upgrade was successful, so why do you need to restore VB2?? Are you having some kind of problem with VB3 following upgrade?? Did you just clean install VB3.. or did you run install/upgrade.php?

Also, are you trying to restore you VB2 db into an existing database called 'vbulletin' .. which you have upgraded? .. I am assuming you have checked to see if there are any tables before trying to restore?

Comment

Originally posted by shorty
              Can I Just get the jist of this..

You backed up your VB2 db before you upgraded to VB3... you say the VB3 upgrade was successful, so why do you need to restore VB2?? Are you having some kind of problem with VB3 following upgrade?? Did you just clean install VB3.. or did you run install/upgrade.php?

Also, are you trying to restore you VB2 db into an existing database called 'vbulletin' .. which you have upgraded? .. I am assuming you have checked to see if there are any tables before trying to restore?
              I want to all my members and forum back thats why im trying to restore

i have vb3 installed when the server restored my back up i got database error which you can see www.gsmforums.com

i need to some how get rid of this error

What do you mean by check if there are any tables.

this is what the source shows

<html><head><title>GSMForums Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style>
              <!-- ZoneLabs Privacy Insertion -->
              <script language='javascript' src='http://127.0.0.1:3004/js.cgi?pcaw&r=23281'></script>
              </head>
              <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
              <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the GSMForums database.</b><br />
              Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical">mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>
              <!--
              Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3:
              Invalid SQL:
              SELECT forum.forumid, lastpost, lastposter, lastthread, lastthreadid, lasticonid, threadcount, replycount
              FROM forum AS forum

mysql error: Unknown column 'lastthread' in 'field list'
              mysql error number: 1054
              Date: Tuesday 03rd of February 2004 05:06:03 PM
              Script: http://www.gsmforums.com/
              Referer:
              Username: Unregistered
              IP Address: 80.5.160.6
              -->
              </body></html>
              <!-- ZoneLabs Popup Blocking Insertion -->
              <script language='javascript'>postamble();</script>

Comment

Did you run the install OR upgrade. That is essential to me helping you.

When you did VB3.. did you do an install or upgrade?

Comment

I just checked that SQL file you linked to. Appears to be a VB2 one.. but it's hosed... gets a certain way of the way through.. then errors out. I think it's corrupt.

Is there any other backups you have.. or is it just this one?

Comment

install.php

Comment

Originally posted by shorty
                      I just checked that SQL file you linked to. Appears to be a VB2 one.. but it's hosed... gets a certain way of the way through.. then errors out. I think it's corrupt.

Is there any other backups you have.. or is it just this one?
                      Thats the only one i have i backed up in admincp i thought that was the best way

Can you repair that .sql file so i at least get something back

Comment

Sorry but it looks like that backup file was incomplete. PHP timed out while attempting to back it up. Unfortunately there is no way to repair it.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          Sorry but it looks like that bakup file was incomplete. PHP timed out while attempting to back it up. There is no way to rerpiar it.
                          steve have i lost everything !!!!!!!!!

From what has been restored i get all my forums back i can see them in admincp,

thats the only thing i can access

Comment

I'm still unclear why you were trying to restore this backup. However if this is the only backup you have then it doesn't look good. You might want to ask your host if they make regular backups. Most quality hosts do.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

He did a clean install instead of reading the upgrade instructions...

Thus, his database is a vanilla VB3.. his backup is a corrupt VB2.. and hes attempting to copy whatever is in that VB2 dump.. into his newly installed VB3.. which you and I know wont work. Also, Ive checked his dump SQL file he listed. It only has 5 tables in it before it dies.

Is that right Gaz?

Comment

I guess so............

How many tables should i have !!!

I dragged my complete forum down to my hdd, before i made any changes so im quite willing to go back to VB2 if it gets me my forum back

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X