Archive automatically redirects to forumhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive automatically redirects to forumhome

A slightly strange problem, the archive directory has been uploaded to the server (in ASCII mode), PHP is installed as a module, everything is running properly - with one exception.

For some reason the Archive doesn't work at all... when the page is accessed, it redirects to the forumhome page.

And ideas?

Anyone?

Comment

do you have forcetype on your server?

Comment

You'll get redirected back to forumhome if your running PHP as an Apache module. You'll need to ask you host to make sure that it is and by default the callback setting for apache should be on.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

question, my host said i have forcetype installed but i keep getting redirected back to my index.php also

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            You'll get redirected back to forumhome if your running PHP as an Apache module. You'll need to ask you host to make sure that it is and by default the callback setting for apache should be on.
            PHP is running as an apache module... *no* idea what callback is!

Comment

Is your web server windows or linux ?

Comment

Originally posted by floris
                Is your web server windows or linux ?
                Linux

Comment

Then you should be able to use the archive/

Point your hosting provider to this thread, if you don't understand what he should enable. Hopefully he does

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                    How do you turn on the callback setting for apache. My server admin is asking.
                    The Enforcerman!

Comment

My server admin has also asked about the callback setting - is there a link that clarifies what this is and how to set it? Thanks.

Comment

Any ideas how to fix this for a Windows box,no apache.
                        Techzonez - Tech News
                        Techzonez Forums - Tech Community

Comment

someone needs to make an archive that will work on any machine, it can't be that hard. I of course have the same problem.
                          http://www.physicsforums.com

Comment

I have the same issue with the Archive, my question is. . . why did the archive work with RC4 and is not working with Gold on my server???

Comment

Here's a comment from my host: "If PHP is installed as a module then the server will only have one php.ini file and modifying it will change the settings for everyone using PHP on the server."

I'm on a dedicated server, so I guess I can change this, but does it make sense that the archive feature would require this configuration?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X