Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machone
    replied
    let me know when someone figures this out. maybe this is tied to php 4.3.6?

Leave a comment:

• kicks
    replied
    Will do, thanks

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Well I couldn't remember if that option was tied to this problem but upon further investigation, it isn't. Submit a support ticket and ask for it to be assigned to me.

Leave a comment:

• kicks
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
    Try setting the option Generate PNG Thumbnails to No in the Message Attachment Options.
    Changed that setting to no. Enable Thumbnails was set to "no" prior to making that setting change.

Still no dice. I'm confused

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Try setting the option Generate PNG Thumbnails to No in the Message Attachment Options.

Leave a comment:

• kicks
    replied
    I have GD 2+ selected, I'm just not sure what could be going wrong. The only hacks I have installed so far are vbindex and vbarcade which shouldn't affect too many templates. Any other ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Kicks, in your case you need to choose GD 2+. As long as you have this option enabled and you are running the default templates and files image verification should work.

Leave a comment:

• kicks
    replied
    I am experiencing the same missing image on the registration page. Here's my phpinfo page:
    http://www.t4e.org/forums/index.php?do=phpinfo

The image verification system worked for me in vbulletin 2.3 before I upgraded and now it's not playing nice. If I have to re-compile php and apache I will, but would rather not have to

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    First, you are running a terribly outdated version of PHP. I strongly recommend you insist that your host upgrades to PHP 4.3.5.

Second, try setting the GD option to: GD 1.6.x/1.8.x
    I've already the VB GD setting to 1.6.x/1.8.x.

I'll go try yelling at those bastar.... Uh, I mean, tech support people at the hosting company.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    First, you are running a terribly outdated version of PHP. I strongly recommend you insist that your host upgrades to PHP 4.3.5.

Second, try setting the GD option to: GD 1.6.x/1.8.x

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    It sounds like your server's PHP doesn't really support GD then. In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve,

It's been turned on, thanks.

http://www.farpointstation.org/forum...hp?&do=phpinfo

Kevin

Edit: If you do find something, please be specific for when I go yell at the hosting company.
    Last edited by KW802; Wed 31st Mar '04, 8:43am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It sounds like your server's PHP doesn't really support GD then. In the Admin CP, open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    Did you do this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options ->
    Image Verification -> Yes

Does a sample image show up under that setting?
    Just a red x. The image URL is http://www.farpointstation.org/forum...imagehash=test and the size place-holder for the image is 201x61 but no image. That's why I was wondering what other configuration options there may be to configure other than verifying that the server has the GD turned on, is at least 1.6.x or above, and VB is turned configured.

Since you're going to tell me to check my server, any particular suggestions on what to check other then the GD settings?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you do this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options ->
    Image Verification -> Yes

Does a sample image show up under that setting?

Leave a comment:

• KW802
    replied
    If that's true then either your Admin CP settings are wrong or you are not running the default templates and files.
    I haven't changed the templates (it was a fresh install of VB3 'Gold'). For the CP, what else besides the option unders Server Settings and Optimization Options would there be to look at? I have the drop-down set for "GD 1.6.x/1.8.x" and under View PHP Info it lists what I quoted above.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X