upgrade.php Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade.php Database Error

I go to run the upgrade script (Upgrading from RC1 to RC3) and when I go to the upgrade.php file, I get an error

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Its weird cause I got this exact error when trying to upgrade to RC2!

We need to see the entire error message. Right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
      <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
      <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
      Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="<A href="mailto:[email protected]*********.net">Technical">mailto:[email protected]*********.net">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
      Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
      mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Sunday 01st of February 2004 02:12:53 AM
      Script: http://****.******.net/install/upgrade.php
      Referer:
      IP Address: ****** -->

</body></html>

Comment

This means that either the db info in config.php is wrong or there is a problem connecting to this server. If you are sure you have the correct db info, then you'll need to contact your host.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

av2, I noticed you have removed the url from the error msg, but there is still a link in the first post, (technical staff) .. just pointing it out

Comment

I'm also trying to do this upgrade and I keep getting this error:
            ?>
            Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\WEB\GMvsFord\forums\upload\includes\config.php3:104) in D:\WEB\GMvsFord\forums\upload\includes\functions.php3 on line 2725

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94085

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X