Error in AdminCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in AdminCP

ALl of a sudden, i am receiving this error about 80% of the time when i first log into my admincp (it still let's me click on whatever i want in the lefthand nav bar)

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT SUM(filesize) AS size FROM customavatar
    mysql error: Unknown column 'filesize' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Friday 30th of January 2004 01:33:00 PM
    Script: http://www.thevividedge.com/forum/ad...ex.php?do=home
    Referer: http://www.thevividedge.com/forum/admincp/
    Username: dpakman
    IP Address: 24.62.125.5

any thoughts on what i should do?

This sounds like a faulty upgrade. Either all the upgrade steps weren't run or some of the file were not uploaded. Can you explain what you did proior to this problem developing?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      This sounds like a faulty upgrade. Either all the upgrade steps weren't run or some of the file were not uploaded. Can you explain what you did proior to this problem developing?
      i actually attempted to upgrade to RC3, but after i realized i would have to remodify the files for my hacks, i reverted back to a abckup i made just before upgrading to RC3. at that point, the problem began.

Comment

Maybe you try to use vb3 rc3 files with the vb3 rc2 database?

Comment

Originally posted by floris
          Maybe you try to use vb3 rc3 files with the vb3 rc2 database?
          ooh, if that is the case, it sounds like a huge ordeal to correct it...how would i be able to:

find out if that is the case?

if it is, fix it?

Comment

Each file has a header and footer. They contain some information. Open the file in an editor and see which version is tagged for it.

/*======================================================================*\
            || #################################################################### ||
            || # vBulletin 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3 - Licence Number <Goes Here>
            || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
            || # All PHP code in this file is 2000-2004 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. # ||
            || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
            || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
            || #
            http://www.vbulletin.com | http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
            || #################################################################### ||
            \*======================================================================*/

Comment

yeah they do say RC3...so what can i do to correct this?

Comment

Well, for each upgrade or test run, you of course make a backup of the currently working installation. So just upload the files from that backup, which are version 3, RC2 - and you should be done.

Comment

that's the thing. i did upload the backup i made just before upgrading to RC3, and although i am back to running RC2, and it's running fine (except, of course, for this admincp error), but the RC3 files are still there, as we've determined.

Comment

Hi again,

Make sure the files you upload have the rc2 version in their filename, maybe your backup was overwritten with the rc3 files when unpacking or whatever.

When you are sure they are rc2 files and you need to upload them but you end up with rc3 files, then make sure your ftp program does not RESUME or SKIP the files. In best: Remove the rc3 files from the server, and upload the rc2 files.

Comment

alright...is there any way you or anyone else could send me RC2 unmodified, just the way it would come from vb.com? i only have the files for RC3 on my computer.

or at least indicate where i could still get RC2?

Comment

No, no one from vBulletin.com can give you their copy of RC2.

You can only legally download the latest build of vBulletin 3

Same thing applys for the vBulletin 2 serries

Comment

so what is my best bet for solving this problem?

Comment

Upload the files from rc3 and run upgrade.php?
                            If you upload the unmoddified files from rc2, you have to re-apply the hacks anyway.
                            You mentioned you stopped upgrading because you didnt'want to re-apply them.

Run upgrade.php .. and re-apply them if you still want that. At least your site works again. And you can better re-apply them to rc3 and then rc2.

At least, that is what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by floris
                              Upload the files from rc3 and run upgrade.php?
                              If you upload the unmoddified files from rc2, you have to re-apply the hacks anyway.
                              You mentioned you stopped upgrading because you didnt'want to re-apply them.

Run upgrade.php .. and re-apply them if you still want that. At least your site works again. And you can better re-apply them to rc3 and then rc2.

At least, that is what I would do.
                              i suppose that is my best option. as a side not, i was getting SQL errors on step 4 of the upgrade to RC3...error 1034 in fact...is there anything i can do to try to prevent this from happening?

Comment