Attachment over quota....but not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment over quota....but not

I am trying to upload a 44KB excel file to my site RC3 and have set the attachment quota to 1000000. When trying to upload this 44KB file, I get the following error "Exceeds forum quota by 4.27 MB"

Any ideas?

did you set a quota per usergroup?

Comment

no, that is set to 0 meaning unlimited. On my admin control panel index, it shows
      Attachment Disk Usage4.33 MB
      if that means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MACHOBY
        I am trying to upload a 44KB excel file to my site RC3 and have set the attachment quota to 1000000. When trying to upload this 44KB file, I get the following error "Exceeds forum quota by 4.27 MB"

Any ideas?
        You have the quota set to 1meg. And your attachments already total "Attachment Disk Usage4.33 MB" (from your later post). So, it's not going to let any more attachments take place. If you meant to set your limit to 10megs, add another 0.
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Con where did you get 1 from?

Comment

Any ideas?

Faranth,

From his message.
            vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I belive he ment attachment size limit, however i could be wrong

Comment

He said attachment quota, so I thought he meant the overall attachment quota.

Comment

No, an individual excel file attachment is limited to 1000000

Comment

No, an individual excel file attachment is limited to 1000000
                    Ok then. What is your overall, site-wide, attachment quota set to?

Comment

Where do I find that?

Comment

Where do I find that?
                        Message Attachment Options

Comment

OK, yes, that was set low. I looked at that page 5 times last night and somehow missed it. Strange! Thanks!

Comment

The confusion occurs because of the wording in the help file there. If you got to /admincp-->vBulletin Options-->Message Attachment Options you will see the first option is
                            Limit Space Taken Up By Attachments (Total)
                            Use this option to limit the total combined amount of disk space in bytes that all attachments can occupy.

Set the option to 0 to have no disk space limit.
                            That phrasing is accurate. Now if you click on the question mark for help there on the right, you get
                            Limit Space Taken Up By Attachments (Total)
                            Enter a byte value.

1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte
                            1048576 bytes = 1 megabyte

The total file size of a post's attachments cannot exceed this number. If you allow users to attach multiple files to a post then the combined file size of the post's attachments cannot exceed this number.
                            That is wrong information because the setting you enter there only affects the forum limit, rather than a post limit as Jelsoft erroneously states.
                            Last edited by eclectica; Tue 6 Apr '04, 12:54am. Reason: I corrected misinformation in my post, which Freddie Bingham pointed out to me in the post below this one.

Comment

You can still set the limit for individual types. It is under "Attachments->Sizes and Extensions".

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X