Error on every page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error on every page

I keep seeing this error on every page after a thread loads...

Line: 18
    Char: 1
    Error: 'threadedmode' is undefined
    Code: 0

and then the URL of the thread.

The page still loads fine and stuff, it just bugs me seeing "Done, but with errors" at the bottom of the page.

http://www.livefortheone.com/thereforum/index.php? is the forum URL if anyone wants to check it out.

I don't get that error on your site. Try a hard refresh - CTRL-F5 - or emptying your browser cache.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve
      Tried what you suggested, i'm also having this issue on a site i run, here is an example link for you.

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57626

Ive ck'd many things, but think this is a javascript issue, still giving the same exact error to me that Maagic posted above in his post.

Anybody else getting this error?
      Gentoo Geek

Comment

Nope, I don't get any errors on that link.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What browser you using?

I get it on IE, its ok in Mozilla Firebird, IE gets it on 3 different puters to, two have different IE versions.

I don't get it, some ppl fro mthe site say they also get it, then others have the same response as you, they dont get the error and they are using IE6. WTF!
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

I used IE6. As I said previously this is almost certainly an issue with your browser cache.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve
              I've done all that, thats always the first things i try, im not a novice at running vb in anyway, i rarely post for help as you can tel by my post count.

It's jut baffling is all, im on the work puter typing this in "IE 6", laptop is IE 6, but has the sp2 update on it, they both get it to, mozilla on laptop is fine.
              Gentoo Geek

Comment

Steve

I think i know why you don't see it, your not logged in, ck'd it out while i was logged out and it doesn't show the page done error.

I pm'd you an account to test with. Let me know if you see it while logged in please?

TIA
                Gentoo Geek

Comment

i was having this exact same error ever since upgrading to rc3. i can't pinpoint the exact cause, but i feel it was something to do with a hack i installed from vb.org, the arcade hack. last night i uninstalled that, reverted all templates, and reinstalled the hack, and the error has now disappeared.

Comment

snakes1100, have you tried reuploading the original files and reverting the templates as porouian did?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve
                      Well actually i had a skin that was a default skin, no changes, it was still happening in IE, mozilla firebird was fine except for no scroll bar, i fixed this issue by upgrading IE with 2 security aleerts from microsoft, what ever was in them fixed it. It was only showing that error when viewing a thread.

Thanks for looking at it tho.

p.s. no hacks installed on that site as of yet, just advhomepage, no file mods, just db and template add-ons.
                      Gentoo Geek

Comment

Template changes can certainly cause javascript problems.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well, the vbadvancedhompage dont have any template mods, it simply ads a few for the calender as far as i can see, anyways as i stated previously, i have a template thats default, unchanged from origianl, it was still happening. Its all ok for me now anyways, the windows update cured the issue, whatever it may have been.

Now ill have to look into why mozilla firebird isnt showing a scroll bar on anypage of the forum?
                          Gentoo Geek

Comment

To fix that problem, open up the showthread_quickreply template find

FIND

var WYSIWYG = $WYSIWYG;

ADD below

var threadedmode = $threadedmode;

Done.

ttkh

Originally posted by Maagic
                            I keep seeing this error on every page after a thread loads...

Line: 18
                            Char: 1
                            Error: 'threadedmode' is undefined
                            Code: 0

and then the URL of the thread.

The page still loads fine and stuff, it just bugs me seeing "Done, but with errors" at the bottom of the page.

http://www.livefortheone.com/thereforum/index.php? is the forum URL if anyone wants to check it out.

Comment

TTKH
                              Well all i can say is "You DA MAN!" Great work around, solved the issue i was having. Thank you very much for the post.
                              Gentoo Geek

Comment

Working...
                              X