Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Users not getting promoted to new user group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Users not getting promoted to new user group.

I created 2 new user groups and new promotions so that when a user has enough posts they will get promoted to a new user group. But right now all my users are still in the "registered" group despite the fact that a lot of them have enough posts to get promoted.
    Josh Pigford - The Apple Blog

The promotion script is depending on the scheduler. This is a great feature, but unfortn. limited to a min. of 1 hour at each run.

So if a user reaches x posts, then within the hour it will trigger the script to update the permissions.

You can goto the scheduler manager and click on 'run now' to force run it.

If that doesn't work either, then it is quite possible that one of the settings in the promotion script isn't set properly.

If you want to setup to have a user change to a new usergroup based on x posts, then I advice these settings:

Reputation Comparison Type: Greater or Equal to
    Reputation level: 0
    Days registered: 0
    Promotion strategy: Posts and (reputation or date)
    Promotion type: whatever you want.
    Move to usergroup: whatever you want.

then press save.

Comment

You also need to make sure the $cronimage section is retained in your footer template. This triggers the Scheduled Tasks.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X