Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DreamweaverMX 2004 rewriting functions.php 1768

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DreamweaverMX 2004 rewriting functions.php 1768

    I found a strange thing last night and it really isn't a problem but worth noting for when people begin to add hacks. In vbb3.0.0 RC3, when I open functions.php in dreamweaver (set not to rewrite php or re-encode anything), it is rewriting a couple of things on its own. I could only find it re-writing the $debughtml by changing '?') to '?') '?') '?').

    When you try to upload this page after saving it, it will give a error on line 1768. This is obviously NOT a vbb problem but wanted to put it out there.
    joor.com | rcfiles.com
    VBB: 3.8.1 | PHP: 5.1.6 | MySQL: 5.0.45
    Host: ThePlanet Dedicated Xeon 3210

  • #2
    I always thought that when you set Dreamweaver to not re-write files with certain extentions that you are safe.

    Are you sure your settings in DreamweaverMX 2004 are set to not re-write files ending with .php ?

    :cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, it is quite known that third party software that try their best at helping providing a gui to source code bug in by throwing in their own functions parsing inputted text by the end user.

      I always use UltraEdit, because it doesn't modify anything I write or load.

      Comment


      • #4
        I know, it is very very strange. I have the settings set and I attached an image of them, I have even tried changing them up a bit. Now here is what is really odd, it opens functions.php up and than changes the '?') but it doesn't acknowledge that it changed anything. Meaning no warning comes up and the file is shown to be untouched. I can't save it since nothing has changed and when I close it, it doesn't ask if I want to save it. It is definately a Macromedia bug.

        BTW - I found this while adding vbAdvanced to vB3.0.0 RC3 and discovered this, went to their website and there was another user with the same problem and using the same DreamweaverMX 2004, that is when I hunted it down.

        Floris - I agree, I am a textpad fan but I have used DW for years while coding little stuff and never had the issue. I made the changes in textpad and had no problems what so ever.
        Attached Files
        joor.com | rcfiles.com
        VBB: 3.8.1 | PHP: 5.1.6 | MySQL: 5.0.45
        Host: ThePlanet Dedicated Xeon 3210

        Comment


        • #5
          went to their website and there was another user with the same problem and using the same DreamweaverMX 2004
          Sounds like me lol, I posted about it this morning, in thread where someone else had the problem...this problem drove me up the wall yesterday...

          Thanks, at least I know it wasnt "operator error" on my part lol

          Comment


          • #6
            No problem, took me a bit to figure it out since it has never happened to me before, but I was going mad as well for about 10 minutes going WTF man!!!
            joor.com | rcfiles.com
            VBB: 3.8.1 | PHP: 5.1.6 | MySQL: 5.0.45
            Host: ThePlanet Dedicated Xeon 3210

            Comment


            • #7
              I wonder if Macromedia will release a fix for this bug. That is if they consider it a bug. And that is if it is actually a bug and not some other issue.

              :cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

              Comment


              • #8
                If it will be fixed, then probably in the next release Or some kind of service pack, but I doubt that will happen with macromedia.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I downloaded UltraEdit, redid the php files, uploaded, no error, install was easy...will be doing my live forum tomorrow.

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X