Seeding the reputation table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeding the reputation table

I'm contemplating the use of the reputation feature in vB3 when I do my upgrade. 10k+users

Obviously, out of the box, everyone starts at 0. I had a look at the reputation table and what I am planning on doing is to write a mysql query to look at each userid and # of posts so as to calculate a rep level for the user and then create a record in the table. At least this way users with 2 posts will not have as high a level as say someone with 5,000 posts.

I don't forsee any problems with "seeding" the fields in the table with the possible exception of the "postid" field. My question is what would you suggest as an entry in this field?

Thanks!
    Dan
    Version: vB 3.6.4
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)
    Host: ThePlanet

Please disregard previous post. Looking in the user table I see that all users have been seeded with a level of ten. I'll just use my query to adjust each level based upon the # of posts.

Thanks!
    RFC Server: (2) Dual Core Intel 5130 Woodcrest Processor 1333 FSB | 4GB RAM | (2) 146GB 10K RPM SCSI/SAS Hard Drives RAID 1 | PHP 4.4.4 | Apache 1.3.37 | MySQL 4.1.22 | XCache 1.2.0 with Optimizer = Off | APC APC-3.0.12p2 (temporarily disabled)

Comment

Rep SQL Query

Originally posted by Indyshooter
      Please disregard previous post. Looking in the user table I see that all users have been seeded with a level of ten. I'll just use my query to adjust each level based upon the # of posts.

Thanks!
      Any chance you can share with us the query you used to accomplish this? I am trying to do the exact same thing! Basically I want to give user's a reputation based on their post count as well as their reputation power rating.

Thanks!

Comment

First, you have to decide how many posts = 1 point.
        In this example, 1 point for every 100 posts.

Query: UPDATE user SET reputation = posts/100

Comment

Yeah this does work ok for adjusting reputation scores. THe problem I am having is the users 'reputation power' score is not adjusted at al to reflect these new scores. Very strange as this value is not recorded in the database and is instead calculated at run time.

I'm also working on the query to adjust reputation based on joindate. IE: 1 rep point for every 180 days registered. You can check out this thread if your interested:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...211#post471211

If anyone has any info please chime in

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X