X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moss
    replied
    Glad you're almost there!

I'll give the physical stop a whirl, but meh.. lovely up times Ha.

Leave a comment:

• jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by moss
    How did your big crawl go jeff? And when you say restart MySQL - do you mean physically stop the MySQL server running from the a terminal session, then fire it up again?

I've tried to replicate what you've mentioned jeff, but so far to no avail I'm afraid
    Hi moss,

believe it or not, it's still indexing. It gets through between 20,000 and 80,000 per night, then stops. I wake up the next morning, write down the last post it indexed, then start from there the next night. We're almost done (thankfully) - at 450,000 out of 507,000 right now.

However - the "myst restart mysql" problem seems to have gone away. I definitely had to do it a few times after indexing each night, but no longer - things seem to be coming up without bouncing mysqld. Computers... it's magic, I tell ya.

Anyways, yes - I did a physical restart:

httpd_app_init stop
    mysqld_app_init stop
    mysqld_app_init start
    httpd_app_init start

Best,

jeff

Leave a comment:

• moss
    replied
    How did your big crawl go jeff? And when you say restart MySQL - do you mean physically stop the MySQL server running from the a terminal session, then fire it up again?

I've tried to replicate what you've mentioned jeff, but so far to no avail I'm afraid

Leave a comment:

• jeff
    replied
    ah - I think I might have found it. Not sure of "the why", but on a hunch, after rebuilding a big chunk of the table - and testing it and confirming that no search results were coming up, I then did a mysql restart, and tada - there they all are.

I'm gonna try doing a big crawl through the entire 500,000 posts, see if it works.

jeff

Leave a comment:

• jeff
    replied
    Hi - I have just had the same problem. 490,000 post forum, cleared the index, started at 0, index the whole shebang. It stopped cold at 16,000(ish).

Nothing shows up in the search.

As an experiment, I just indexed 1 (post? thread?) -- started at 10,000, 1 post. When done, I searched for one word that was in the post, and it came up (yay).

I can only presume that there's something done at the end of the search index that "finalizes" the action.

So, I'm now trying again in bite sized chunks.

I'll report back later.

jeff

Leave a comment:

• moss
    replied
    I'll attempt a 'clean' vB3 RC4 install, and then restore the populated database on top of that - but short of the problem being one of MySQL table structure or some such, I can't help but think it's a false economy.

I've tried searching for threads detailing how to fix a faulty upgrade here, but there don't appear to be any.

I'd hate for our forum to have to lose 480'000 posts, all its members etc.

Leave a comment:

• moss
    replied
    Having upgraded to vB 3.0.0 RC 4, by copying the content of the 'no images' package (the install/install.php being the only ohmission) and running through the upgrade walkthrough, I've had the 'Rebuild Search Index' task running for the past three hours and tenminutes, taking care beforehand to empty the indexes using the tool in 'Update Counters'.

There's now a single row in the 'word' MySQL table. The output from a phpMyAdmin dump is as follows:

Code:
    #
    # Dumping data for table `word`
    #

INSERT INTO `word` VALUES (16777215, 'sir');
    By the sounds, we must have developed a bit of a bother when orginally moving from vB 2.3.x over to vB 3.0.0 RC 2. I don't suppose any suggested fixes for a botched upgrade exist? Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry but I have nothing more than what I posted earlier - either a faulty upgrade or missing or wrong version files.

Leave a comment:

• RichTheTitch
    replied
    Any ideas Steve? Really need to get this sorted

Leave a comment:

• RichTheTitch
    replied
    Hi We have 500,000 posts and yes, we cleared the index first. It took ~4 hours to re-build. This was done twice, and each time the word table was still empty

Everything else works and all files were uploaded. Odd... :/
    Last edited by RichTheTitch; Tue 27th Jan '04, 8:53am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Rebuilding the searchindex should have worked. The only possible explanations I can think of are:

1. A faulty upgrade.
    2. All the vB RC3 files are not upoaded.

How many posts do you have and how long did it take for you to rebuild the searchindex? Did you empty the searchindex first?

Leave a comment:

• RichTheTitch
    started a topic empty word table

empty word table

Hi... strange problem. I've spent the last 25 mins searching for someone with the same problem here, so if this is a double post - then please point me to the correct thread

I upgraded from 2.2.x and rebuilt my searchindex table (now postindex) twice now and the search function does not work at all. I looked through my db and noticed that my word table is completely empty. I'm running vb3 RC3.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Can't see anything in the admincp that's relevant to this problem

TIA.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X