• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    It looks like your host has specifically disabled XML support in PHP:

'--disable-xml'

PHP needs to be compiled with xml support for vB3 to install and run.
    Hello Steve,

Apart from the missing 'Okay' message during installation I have ZERO (read: NO major...) problems running my VB3 board. What could be a negative effect of the --disable-xml setting, because I experience no problems?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It looks like your host has specifically disabled XML support in PHP:

'--disable-xml'

PHP needs to be compiled with xml support for vB3 to install and run.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Did that: http://www.xxx.nl/forum/phpinfo.php
    Last edited by Grover; Thu 26 Aug '04, 7:06am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do you have a phpinfo.php file? If not create a text file with this content:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    Name it 'phpinfo.php' then upload it to your forum directory and post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Leave a comment:

• HostDirectory
    replied
    I dont think you should have skipped this. Take a look at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101051 . I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for several days.

May i ask who your hosting company is? I use hostmatters, just trying to work out if this is a server problem.

So you skipped the steps... does your board seem ok?

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    From 2.3.4. to VB3 Gold.

Hi,

Just upgrade from 2.3.4. to VB3 Gold. Everything went fine. One little thing like mentioned above:

Step 37 : Import VBulletin-style.xml

(I get the following messages : )

Importing VBulletin-style.xml
    MASTER STYLE
    Please wait

------------------

This 'please wait' message stays there. There does not appear an 'Ok'-message, although the process is finished and you can press the [next step]-button.

Nothing major, just a little thing I thought I let you know.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    started a topic Setting up a testvb forum : some remarks

Setting up a testvb forum : some remarks

Hi,

I, as a more or less Admin newbie, setup a VB3 RC2 testvb forum for the first time. I went from VB 2.3.4 to VB3 RC2. Just to let you know how things went:

Everything went fine, except for one little thing: in step 6 - Import latest language. During the Upgrade to VB3.0.0 Beta 4 stage I got the following message:

'Importing VBulletin-language.xml
    please wait.....'

And I waited. Waited. Waited. And waited. 15 minutes went by and I thought...well all the time there was a link saying 'next step 7/8', so I guess I can go on? Although the message 'Please Wait...' was still there, I went on regardlessy and pressed the 'next step 7/8' link. Everything seemed to go just fine.

On all the following occasions where I got to step 6 (Beta 5 stage and further) there appeared the following text beneath the 'please wait....' message: 'Okay'. This 'Okay' did not appear on the step mentioned above.

Don't know if this has been reported already and if it is a little 'bug' or not, but it appeared during my process: it can be a bit confusing to newbie's IMHO.

I'll go on playing with my VB3 RC2 now....
    Last edited by Grover; Tue 20 Jan '04, 8:03am.