• tariqalali
    replied
    worked after updating the threading

-Tariq

Leave a comment:

• tariqalali
    replied
    Originally posted by the Sandman
    AdminCP > Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Display Options (forumdisplay) > Length of Thread Preview Text
    I have this one set to 300 but still no preview showing.

-Tariq

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    The weird thing now is that i have my thread preview set at 500 but it still gives me a line. Anybody know why?

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    ok, just tried it and it worked great, so it must be IE. Anybody know what can be wrong in IE?

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    Originally posted by jeepsforme
    You could download Netscape (gasp) to see if that makes it work. Then, of course, remove it right away. Just kidding, for all you wacky Netscape lovers!
    I'm going to try download mozilla firebird now and try it out with that.

Leave a comment:

• jeepsforme
    replied
    You could download Netscape (gasp) to see if that makes it work. Then, of course, remove it right away. Just kidding, for all you wacky Netscape lovers!

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    I also have 6.0, guess i can go through some of the options and see what is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Princess Nikida
    replied
    Whoops... I missed that you were using IE... Hrmm... What version of IE are you using. I have IE6 at the office and IE5.5 at home and haven't had a problem with it. As the Sandman stated, maybe it is a security setting or advanced setting or something that you have enabled / disabled?

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    Originally posted by Princess Nikida
    Are you not able to see the thread previews on vbulletin.com (i.e. - this forum) when putting your mouse over the thread title in the forum display (give it a few secs)? If not, then it may indeed be a browser issue, as the thread preview feature is enabled for this forum. If it is not working for you, then it *may* be working correctly on your forum, and you just can't tell...

What browser are you using?
    Ahah! Then it must be a browser issue if i can't see the thread previews on this forum. But what can be wrong with my browser.

Leave a comment:

• Princess Nikida
    replied
    Originally posted by jonik
    How long does this take? Because if thread preview is enabled on vBulletin and it doesn't work for me here, then its a brower problem.
    Are you not able to see the thread previews on vbulletin.com (i.e. - this forum) when putting your mouse over the thread title in the forum display (give it a few secs)? If not, then it may indeed be a browser issue, as the thread preview feature is enabled for this forum. If it is not working for you, then it *may* be working correctly on your forum, and you just can't tell...

What browser are you using?

Leave a comment:

• the Sandman
    replied
    I'm running IE6 on XP Pro and I have no problems with it. Are you running any pop-up blockers or other adware/spyware/security software? You could also check your IE advanced options for an obvious conflict in the settings...

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    Hmm, considering the database sits in a different directory from the vBulletin code, and when installing/upgrading you basically delete all vBulletin code and get fresh code, the only thing getting "updated" is the database. If you didn't have any errors with the database, it oughta be some combination of options in the database. Where, is the question!

Are there any other applications on your server that you could do this to in order to identify if it's in the server or not?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    I was also thinking that, jeeps do you know if this forum has the hover feature on? Because I can't get it work for here also, so was thinking maybe it might be an Internet Explorer problem.

Leave a comment:

• jeepsforme
    replied
    Hmm, considering the database sits in a different directory from the vBulletin code, and when installing/upgrading you basically delete all vBulletin code and get fresh code, the only thing getting "updated" is the database. If you didn't have any errors with the database, it oughta be some combination of options in the database. Where, is the question!

Are there any other applications on your server that you could do this to in order to identify if it's in the server or not?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Leave a comment:

• jonik
    replied
    Thanks everyone, I already had 300 set in the Length of Preview.

I rebuilt every item in the Update counters option, and set the Cached Posts Lifetime to 20 and now it works.

Faranth, I only had posts placed by version 2.3.4, none from 3rc2, and it works. So I'm not sure what experiences you've had.
    You think the reason mines doesn't work can be because I converted from IB. But none the less, I did a new post, and still hovering my mouse over the thread title didn't show anything. Really starting to annoy me.
    Last edited by jonik; Sun 18 Jan '04, 4:39pm.

Leave a comment:

• jeepsforme
    replied
    Thanks everyone, I already had 300 set in the Length of Preview.

I rebuilt every item in the Update counters option, and set the Cached Posts Lifetime to 20 and now it works.

Faranth, I only had posts placed by version 2.3.4, none from 3rc2, and it works. So I'm not sure what experiences you've had.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X