Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Language

Hi folks,

Is there anyone here who is having success in allowing people to post messages sometimes in Japanese using v3.0RC2? My board is mostly English, but there are times in which some people would like to include Japanese characters.

Specifically, one of my users running Mac OS X has been having problems. I've been testing out various "HTML Character Set" settings but things haven't worked.

In any case, if anyone out there has had success in using mixed English and Japanese on their boards, I'd appreciate pointers!

Thanks.
    AikiWeb Aikido Information

Hi.

Can't say that we use English and Japanese, but Swedish and Japanese happens sometimes. See this post.

I am not sure why, but when I enter kanji (either just pasting it in the post or type using IME) on our forum it usually becomes unicode format if one checks the source:
    & #27083; & #12360; (but without spaces after the amp)
    trying out to see how it looks here: 構え

This makes it easy because we don't get any problem with the scandinavian characters å (&aring ä (&auml and ö (&ouml.
    On sites like www.e-budo.com I usually have to change encoding to Shift-JIS in my browser in order to display the kanji.

I would also be interested to know why it works this way, even if we don't have any problems with it at our forum (currently running VB2.2.9, but I am playing around and doing translations of VB3RC2 on my home computer and it works there in the same way).

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X