• Show
Clear All

• john_rsd
    replied
    Oh well

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, sorry I misunderstood. You can manually send email to usergroups from within ther Admin CP. Automating this function on every new post will require hacking.

Leave a comment:

• john_rsd
    replied
    Wayne, I think we have a difference on the definition of a 'lot' of users.

I am talking parhaps 15 people, max 30 people.

The idea is to notify users when a document or firmware/application code update is done so they can go and get it. But they can also posts requests there as well or comment on existing documentation or firmware updates so we can collate the information in one place.

At the moment I just have one email address entered which hits my mail server and is then forwarded within MS Exchange to the users.

If I understand Steve I could 'tweak' one of the default usergroups to do this?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    You could use the 'Send Email to User's function in the Users section of the Admin CP. Note though that this only works with primary usergroups at this time.
    This would require a lot of work to notify a usergroup everytime there is a new post in a particular forum...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You could use the 'Send Email to User's function in the Users section of the Admin CP. Note though that this only works with primary usergroups at this time.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is not possible by default. You would have to modify the system. You can check over at vBulletin.org on how to do this.

Leave a comment:

• john_rsd
    started a topic Email a usergroup instead of individual address

Email a usergroup instead of individual address

In forum management under moderation options is it possible to email a usergroup on new post instead of adding everyones email address individually seperated by space?

I suppose I would be looking to use the 'usergroup' function like a distribution list and just add the usergroup name in that feild.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X