Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restless
    replied
    know of any vbulletin mysql geeks? (i'm kidding on the geeks, hehe..)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes I did misunderstand. Deleting PMs before a specific date would require a query. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what that query would be. It would have to involve both the pm and pmtext tables.

Leave a comment:

• restless
    replied
    i've already repaired the database. i think you've misunderstood my intentions. i no longer wish to restore anything. i've already had the new forum going since christmas. 375 people have already re-registered and i have over 8000 posts. it's too late to go back now.

what i need to do is delete the private messages in the database. i need to wipe out any private messages that are stuck in the database from before dec. 24, 2003. every time a new member registers, they get someone's old private messages. there has got to be a mysql querie to simply delete those private messages.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1. If the db backup is corrupted then the restore won't work. The first thing you need to do is repair that database and make a good backup of it.

Leave a comment:

• restless
    replied
    1. i backed up the databse using ssh. i've done it before (and since) with no issues. for some reason, the database was corrupted.
    2. when i upgraded, i had no old threads, posts or users.
    3. same thing as above. i had none of my old threads, posts or users. certain things did manage to stay in the database however, including attachments, private messages and forums.

i got rid of the attachments by storing them as files, then deleting them.

i just need to kill all private messages from before Dec. 24/03.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What exactly do you mean by:

"i backed up my old database" - How did you do this?

"something messed up in the existing database" - What exactly happened?

"it didn't work properly" - Again what exactly happened?

Leave a comment:

• restless
    replied
    before i upgraded the forums, i backed up my old database. i then upgraded but something messed up in the existing database during the upgrade, so i created a fresh database and used ssh to import the backup into the new database. it didn't work properly.

i'll be more than happy to provide you with phpmyadmin access.

(shoot... i need to upgrade my licence before midnight tonight! *writes himself note*)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    There is no vB-to-vB import script. Can you please provide more details?

Leave a comment:

• restless
    replied
    oh... i imported my old database into a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What do you mean by 'import'? What did you import from and how did you do this import?

Leave a comment:

• restless
    started a topic old pm's not deleting... please help

old pm's not deleting... please help

hi, i don't think this is a bug with vb3, but rather a screwup in my old database... but i need some help with this one.

when i imported my old database, it messed up and only imported certain things. it DID import private messages, but unfortunately... it DIDN'T import my users.

so... i have a bunch of new users signing up, and for each new user, they find a cache of old pm's in their inbox that belong to whoever had their user id# on the old forum. this is going to keep happening right up through our 4000 and something registrations unless i can figure out how to kill them.

is there a mysql querie i can use to delete pms from before a certain date? this is a very sensitive issue, as there are some fairly private pms in there.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X