Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed the form action in the newreply template from
    Code:
    <form action="newreply.php" name="vbform" method="post" onsubmit="return validatePost(this, 0, $vboptions[postminchars], $vboptions[postmaxchars]);" onreset="vB_RESET(this);">
    to
    Code:
    <form action="newreply.php" name="vbform" method="post"<if condition="!is_browser('webtv')"> onsubmit="return validatePost(this, 0, $vboptions[postminchars], $vboptions[postmaxchars]);" onreset="vB_RESET(this);"</if>>
    Very similar change for newthread.

I didn't see any else statements in Kier's solution - only if conditions, and following that exactly worked for me for newthread and newreply (now confirmed by my webtv user in addition to the emulator). I didn't get the quick reply working though yet, but maybe I just have to add additional if not webtv conditionals to other elements on that page as well as the quick reply template itself.
    Last edited by boatdesign; Tue 13 Jan '04, 1:50pm.
    Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

Oops, I spoke too soon.

Log out works fine; log in does not work; can you fix it? Sure appreciate the trouble your taking to help me! Thanks
      The onsubmit for the login in the navbar looks like this
      <form action="login.php" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password,vb_login_md5password)">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js"></script>
      If I get rid of the onsubmit for webtv users, it won't work at all since the password won't go through the md5hash, will it? Or do I have this wrong?

How can I let my webtv user login again?

Comment

Originally posted by boatdesign
        Oops, I spoke too soon.

The onsubmit for the login in the navbar looks like this
        If I get rid of the onsubmit for webtv users, it won't work at all since the password won't go through the md5hash, will it? Or do I have this wrong?

How can I let my webtv user login again?
        If you replace the onsubmit code with: <if condition="!is_browser('webtv')"> onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password,vb_login_md5password)</if> it should work without a problem because the md5password is submitted using a different form varible (which also means users can still login with javascript disabled). It does get rid of the added security md5 hashing the password client side provides however, but it doesn't look like there is another option for WebTV users.

I'd wait for an official answer from the devs before removing it though.
        Last edited by Livingston Dell; Tue 13 Jan '04, 2:29pm.

Comment

This is what I have as the start of my newthread template, now...
          $stylevar[htmldoctype]
          <html dir="$stylevar[textdirection]" lang="$stylevar[languagecode]">
          <head>
          <title>$vboptions[bbtitle] - $vbphrase[post_new_thread]</title>
          $headinclude
          </head>
          <body$onload>
          $header
          $navbar
          <form action="newthread.php" method="POST" name="vbform" <if condition="!is_browser('webtv')"> onsubmit="return validatePost(this, this.subject.value, $vboptions[postminchars], $vboptions[postmaxchars]);" </if> onreset="vB_RESET(this);">
          Still works for others, but that's exactly what I was worried about happening. I also put that patch in the newreply template. I haven't touched any others, yet, our webtv user doesn't care about the other options so much so I left well enough alone.

Comment

Logging in has worked without any problem for me with every emulator I tried (WebTV's [2.3] and MSN TV's [2.8], if I'm getting the version numbers correct).

Can anyone else confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
              Logging in has worked without any problem for me with every emulator I tried (WebTV's [2.3] and MSN TV's [2.8], if I'm getting the version numbers correct).

Can anyone else confirm?
              Logging in is not the problem. Posting a new thread, or responding to a thread does not work. You also can not send private messages.

When you sit the submit button on any of the above, the browser just sits there. Apprently the submit button does not work with web-tv

Comment

This has been since fixed by Kier but there isn't an easy fix that was can post.
                Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Logging in isn't an issue here... gotta admit to going to check after seeing this thread again this afternoon, though...

Comment

Scott - I don't understand your post - can you rephrase?

Mike - the login worked fine for me using the latest webtv emulator too (stock - unmodified) which is why I didn't think to touch it. However, once my webtv user complained I added the conditional webtv-check code to that too and my webtv user emailed me back to say that the login now works as well for him following the change - maybe he just has an uncommon webtv unit though as the most specific I got was that he was using 'webtv plus'.

Comment

I'm running RC3 and received this message from a forum member this morning:

Rob:

Anytime anyone tinkers with any site it seems to make things worse or impossible for the hundreds of thousands of WebTV users. I cannot get into any of the links you sent me.

Regards,
                      Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X