Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobFerrari
    replied
    I've started a new thread to document my Lessons Learned, Issues, and future plans as I just opened up subscriptions in my community today.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98060

Leave a comment:

• wential
    replied
    I signed up for a NoChex too, but they don't take bank accounts from the U.S.

Leave a comment:

• RobFerrari
    replied
    Does NoChex offer something like PayPal's IPN?

I opened a NoChex account, but I'm not sure there's even a way to connect with an American bank account. I sent this question to them.

Anyone in America using NoChex for subscription payments?

Leave a comment:

• bigsoccer tech
    replied
    Here's something we do, but I bet it requires a hack?

In the CP there is a load limit option. We allows our subs to bypass that, so if server load is spiking, they can still surf the boards. Is a feature like this built in to the new subscription system?

Leave a comment:

• wential
    replied
    Originally posted by cteselle
    so what happens when someone pays you for an ebay auction? what does vbulletin do with that transaction data?
    This sounds like a valid question for people using PayPal. I'm curious to hear what VB has to say about it.

Leave a comment:

• Gary King
    replied
    I don't think the data would be sent to the vBulletin unless someone clicked on a link specifically from your forums?

Leave a comment:

• cteselle
    replied
    so what happens when someone pays you for an ebay auction? what does vbulletin do with that transaction data?

Leave a comment:

• tucklis
    replied
    Originally posted by cteselle
    After you setup the IPN URL with PayPal, are your forums notified each time a paypal transaction is made (not from the forums, like ebay, etc.) I would like to set this up, just don't want to potentially mess anything up.

thanks,

chris
    You are notified by PayPal each time a transaction goes through.

Leave a comment:

• cteselle
    replied
    After you setup the IPN URL with PayPal, are your forums notified each time a paypal transaction is made (not from the forums, like ebay, etc.) I would like to set this up, just don't want to potentially mess anything up.

thanks,

chris

Leave a comment:

• wential
    replied
    Originally posted by RobFerrari
    I set up IPN with Paypal and was testing out the subscriptions.

Besides messing up and testing on my admin account so that once I accepted I am locked out of admin. Do not try this at home kids, what a pain to fix.

Anyway, everythings seems ok, I just have a quick question...

I set the subscription for 2 days, but I haven't received a renewal notice yet. How often does this batch process run and does it only run at 7 days?
    Subscription emails I believe are sent out for accounts expiring within 2-3 days. This is controlled in the /includes/cron/subscriptions.php settings
    WHERE subscriptionlog.expirydate >= " . (TIMENOW + (86400 * 2)) . "
    AND subscriptionlog.expirydate <= " . (TIMENOW + (86400 * 3)) . "

The frequency of the run is based on the settings in your Admin CP / Scheduled Tasks / Scheduled Task Manager / Subscriptions Removal. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• RobFerrari
    replied
    With Paypal, I know it's been discussed here, but what determines which accounts automatically are accepted and which aren't? Is there a setting in Paypal that I can accept all. I don't see any reason you wouldn't accept it.

Eliminates the manual process for the admin too.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• RobFerrari
    replied
    I set up IPN with Paypal and was testing out the subscriptions.

Besides messing up and testing on my admin account so that once I accepted I am locked out of admin. Do not try this at home kids, what a pain to fix.

Anyway, everythings seems ok, I just have a quick question...

I set the subscription for 2 days, but I haven't received a renewal notice yet. How often does this batch process run and does it only run at 7 days?

Leave a comment:

• richardkettner
    replied
    Ok, so when you create a simple subscription through vBulletin w/ PayPal

$5 for 1 month...

Is this auto renewed by default, or is there something I have to customize beyond the basic subscription settings to have this work?

What about with nochex? Does it work the same or different?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by RobFerrari
    Anyone know how to create special permissions for subscription/usergroup so that you can limit the number of posts a user has per day?

Thanks,
    rob
    No sorry. This would require hacking.

Leave a comment:

• RobFerrari
    replied
    Post Count Permissions

Anyone know how to create special permissions for subscription/usergroup so that you can limit the number of posts a user has per day?

Thanks,
    rob

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X