Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paid Subscriptions Documentation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Ok, so when you create a simple subscription through vBulletin w/ PayPal

    $5 for 1 month...

    Is this auto renewed by default, or is there something I have to customize beyond the basic subscription settings to have this work?

    What about with nochex? Does it work the same or different?
    Richard Kettner

    Comment


    • #62
      I set up IPN with Paypal and was testing out the subscriptions.

      Besides messing up and testing on my admin account so that once I accepted I am locked out of admin. Do not try this at home kids, what a pain to fix.

      Anyway, everythings seems ok, I just have a quick question...

      I set the subscription for 2 days, but I haven't received a renewal notice yet. How often does this batch process run and does it only run at 7 days?

      Comment


      • #63
        With Paypal, I know it's been discussed here, but what determines which accounts automatically are accepted and which aren't? Is there a setting in Paypal that I can accept all. I don't see any reason you wouldn't accept it.

        Eliminates the manual process for the admin too.

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by RobFerrari
          I set up IPN with Paypal and was testing out the subscriptions.

          Besides messing up and testing on my admin account so that once I accepted I am locked out of admin. Do not try this at home kids, what a pain to fix.

          Anyway, everythings seems ok, I just have a quick question...

          I set the subscription for 2 days, but I haven't received a renewal notice yet. How often does this batch process run and does it only run at 7 days?
          Subscription emails I believe are sent out for accounts expiring within 2-3 days. This is controlled in the /includes/cron/subscriptions.php settings
          WHERE subscriptionlog.expirydate >= " . (TIMENOW + (86400 * 2)) . "
          AND subscriptionlog.expirydate <= " . (TIMENOW + (86400 * 3)) . "

          The frequency of the run is based on the settings in your Admin CP / Scheduled Tasks / Scheduled Task Manager / Subscriptions Removal. Hope this helps.

          Comment


          • #65
            After you setup the IPN URL with PayPal, are your forums notified each time a paypal transaction is made (not from the forums, like ebay, etc.) I would like to set this up, just don't want to potentially mess anything up.

            thanks,

            chris

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by cteselle
              After you setup the IPN URL with PayPal, are your forums notified each time a paypal transaction is made (not from the forums, like ebay, etc.) I would like to set this up, just don't want to potentially mess anything up.

              thanks,

              chris
              You are notified by PayPal each time a transaction goes through.

              Comment


              • #67
                so what happens when someone pays you for an ebay auction? what does vbulletin do with that transaction data?

                Comment


                • #68
                  I don't think the data would be sent to the vBulletin unless someone clicked on a link specifically from your forums?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by cteselle
                    so what happens when someone pays you for an ebay auction? what does vbulletin do with that transaction data?
                    This sounds like a valid question for people using PayPal. I'm curious to hear what VB has to say about it.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Here's something we do, but I bet it requires a hack?

                      In the CP there is a load limit option. We allows our subs to bypass that, so if server load is spiking, they can still surf the boards. Is a feature like this built in to the new subscription system?
                      The BIG Network: Soccer - Aussie Rules - Cricket - Travel - Lacrosse - Music

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Does NoChex offer something like PayPal's IPN?

                        I opened a NoChex account, but I'm not sure there's even a way to connect with an American bank account. I sent this question to them.

                        Anyone in America using NoChex for subscription payments?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I signed up for a NoChex too, but they don't take bank accounts from the U.S.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I've started a new thread to document my Lessons Learned, Issues, and future plans as I just opened up subscriptions in my community today.

                            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98060

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X