Paid Subscriptions Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirical Bernd
    We will inform our users via mail and an announcement. That's how we intend to do it
    Thanks for the response Mirical. I know I'll have initial announcements by email and on the board, but I'm thinking longterm how this can be automated and smooth for users.

Can the subscription options be in the registration? Have a radial button for Free, $15, and $50. When I tested before with my beta 7 you had to register and subscriptions were a seperate process. Are they integrated now in RC3?

I guess I can have text in all the "No Permissions" pages that provide a link to subscribe.

Comment

No, they are still seperated. I have also been thinking about it, and thought about a banner on all pages, which informs about the premiumservice and links to a thread in a forum for questions on the board.

The link on the "No Permissions"- pages is also a neat idea

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Nikida
        Granted, I am still playing on my test forum and don't have a live vb 3 forum, but this is the basic idea that I have of the Subscription system...
        I read through a the instructions in post #2. But I am still a little confused. Where do I set the join date and expiration date for the Paid subscription? For example if I create a user group called "Paid Members" and JoeB sends me $10 on 28 Feb 2004 and on 28 Feb 2005 I want him to default back to a Registered Member. Maybe I am missing something here.

Comment

Has there been any word when we can have our vB board use a true credit card processing interface? Not just paypal and the other one.

Thanks.

Comment

I don't think that will come for a while; vBulletin's primary use isn't to make money off of (for the forum administrators I mean )

Comment

Originally posted by RobFerrari
              Has there been any word when we can have our vB board use a true credit card processing interface? Not just paypal and the other one.

Thanks.
              Wow! I'd pay for that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary W
                I don't think that will come for a while; vBulletin's primary use isn't to make money off of (for the forum administrators I mean )
                Funny comment from someone selling their vB design services!

1 - They've already done subscriptions with Paypal and NoChex. Not much effort to create an interface to connect cc payment systems. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't vB actually have one themselves for when people buy the software? I forgot how I paid for it.

2 - Make ways for your customers to make money and you put them in a position to be even a bigger and happier customer.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm going to try and implement this also. Setting up IPN seems simple, but is there a way to get an email notification every time someone subscribes and also every time their subscription expires?

Also I don't quite understand this:

Set appropriate new usergroup(s) -- Suggest Primary = "No change" and using additional usergroups instead, unless new bonus for group requires primary usergroup (if you are using the subscribe to a feature option, and use the primary usergroup change, each option that they user subscribes to will "invalidate" the previous option subscribed to).

I only want to have one yearly subscription so I've setup a usergroup for this, so under Subscriptions Manager > Usergroup Options do I select "My Subscription Usergroup" under Primary usergroups or leave it as none and select it under additional usergroups?

Thanks for any help!

Kerry
                  Last edited by tucklis; Tue 17 Feb '04, 5:21am.

Comment

Paypal sends you an email every time a new member subscribes, a renewal payment is made and also when they cancel the automated renewal. Having VB do it is redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by wential
                      Paypal sends you an email every time a new member subscribes, a renewal payment is made and also when they cancel the automated renewal. Having VB do it is redundant.
                      Do you know how I get automated renewals to work with IPN?

Comment

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...-intro-outside

Comment

I've tried to read up about this but it only explains how to setup recurring payments if YOU ARE inserting the code into your website.

As vBulletin already has this coded in the software, does anyone know if the vB subscriptions default to a recurring fee? If it's just a one one payment for that period then there's no way of me knowing when a user has expired. As you say "an email is sent by paypal when renewal payment is made and also when they cancel the automated renewal" but not for a one off payment...

Comment

Originally posted by redbox
                            I don't know what the official answer to this is. However, when I set it up through PayPal, the paypal IPN process asked if this would auto-renew or if it was a one time payment. I didn't want it to auto-renew, so I chose the one time payment. I'm guessing any auto renewals would be done via paypal and not the vB subscription system.
                            Where did it ask you to if it was to auto-renew? It didn't have this option for me...

Comment

Post Count Permissions

Anyone know how to create special permissions for subscription/usergroup so that you can limit the number of posts a user has per day?

Thanks,
                              rob

Comment

Originally posted by RobFerrari
                                Anyone know how to create special permissions for subscription/usergroup so that you can limit the number of posts a user has per day?

Thanks,
                                rob
                                No sorry. This would require hacking.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X