No announcement yet.

Paid Subscriptions Documentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up the IPN is not difficult. Here are Scott's instructions with images:

http://scott.dev.vbulletin.com/ipn_doc/

Comment

nice one to scott ive sorted it now just need someone to pay me to test it LOL

also is there a similar service with nochex?

i belive its called APC with nochex
      Last edited by corsacrazy; Tue 13th Jan '04, 10:33am.

Comment

Originally posted by corsacrazy
        nice one to scott ive sorted it now just need someone to pay me to test it LOL

also is there a similar service with nochex?

i belive its called APC with nochex
        Right - I set this up, but once payment is complete, I have to manually accept each payment. Can it set this up to automatically accept the payment so that no admin intervention is required?

[corsacrazy - do I know you? Check out the link in my signature.]
        Mike Warner
        MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Comment

Mike, that's a setting on paypal, not vb. I'm not sure where precisely, but poke around your paypal settings, it should be in there somewhere, in the profile area. But yes, once you have payments being automatically accepted, than the payment verification is sent back to vb right away instead of waiting for you to manually accept the payment.

Comment

I think I found it (hidden in the Paypal help files!). You need to have a bank account registered with the account to automatically accept payments.
            Mike Warner

Comment

LOL YES MIKE i know u

http://www.corsacrazy.com small world ah mate top job on mig

Comment

Are you guys setting up new PayPal accounts just for your site or using your current one? I've never taken credit cards on my normal one before, and don't want to (% hit); can you just sign up for another account and can it link the same bank account?

Comment

just using curent one where my creditcard is registered to

Comment

I have just reported this bug in relation to the subscriptions system.
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=1867
                    Mike Warner

Comment

top job mike

Comment

SO, has any of this been resolved?

Comment

Two things:

- Is there any way to use just a bank-account when using Paypal? Does anyone know that? I can't find an option to it. I know, it's not a vB-question. But someone using the subscriptions might have solved it

- But the bigger one: Is there a chance that vB will support Firstgate (www.firstgate.de) in the future? Germans usually don't have a credit-card and need to be able to pay via a bank-account.

I would appreciate an answer

Comment

Originally posted by Mirical Bernd
                            Two things:

- Is there any way to use just a bank-account when using Paypal? Does anyone know that? I can't find an option to it. I know, it's not a vB-question. But someone using the subscriptions might have solved it

- But the bigger one: Is there a chance that vB will support Firstgate (www.firstgate.de) in the future? Germans usually don't have a credit-card and need to be able to pay via a bank-account.

I would appreciate an answer
                            PayPal doesn't support using bank account options only. Considering the fees they charge for credit card payments, it would be nice to block them. The only option you have is to refuse them manually.

Comment

Regarless of the fees, they have by far the most acceptance and users out there. Just last year I received a LOT of snail-mailed checks, now, 90% comes via paypal.

Comment

Can one of the Developers tell us if this bug has been fixed in 3.0.0 RC3?
                                In the bug tracker it shows as awaiting feedback. So to me this means that this is still an issue? Anyone know?

Thanks,
                                Itworx4me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X