Quick question about replacement variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about replacement variables

Are replacement variables permanent? ie if I created a replacement variable to change ass to bum and I later removed it would the words changed revert back to the originals as posted or would they remain changed? I'd like to know before implementing any as, if they are permanent I can see potential problems. ie using the above mentioned example words like assemble and assume assimilite etc would become bumemble, bumume, bumimulate etc. Realising that I would then remove the replacement variable. If those words then return to how they were originally posted then all is fine. If not then I'm in trouble. I could reverse it by creating a new replacement variable to change bum to ass but then words like bumble bump etc would be affected adversly.

Frugal

Actually no need to answer, I just realised my test board is still up so I tested it there. For anyone else who also wanted to know, they do revert back to their originals.

Frugal

Comment

Sort of off topic but I thought some of you may like the idea. After playing around with these I decided there is a lot of potential to have fun with them. I'm going to create a new style based on my current style but using replacement variables to change some words and phrases commonly used on my forums into humorous alternatives that will (hopefully) create some very funny posts out of normal posts. The idea being when my readers want a laugh they can switch to the funny style and reread the posts. I thought some of you guys may like this idea (and have probably already been doing it for weeks before it crossed my mind) so thought I'd share it with you.

Frugal

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X