Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about config.php

in this section,
    // Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
    // For example: $tableprefix = 'vb3_';
    $tableprefix = 'vb3_';

if I am doing an upgrade from 2.3.2, should i set my table prefix to be vb3_? ordo they have an already named prefix from 2.3.2 that I need to figure out somehow?

When I upgraded doing that got me an error. I left it blank and it worked.

Comment

Jilly, leave it blank, if youd like to use the feature AFTER youve upgrade there is a script that will make the nessary changes to db for the table prefix

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
        Jilly, leave it blank, if youd like to use the feature AFTER youve upgrade there is a script that will make the nessary changes to db for the table prefix
        There is? Where is that script? I've been having to do it with an SQL query.
        "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
        It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

rootforumdir/install/tableprefix.php

Comment

Hmm. Okay, it wasn't there in Gamma. Dunno how I missed it in RC1 though.

Comment

that file has been there since the first public release of beta.
              Jon Whitcraft
              Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Comment

Upon review I see it in RC1. It is not in the 3G release (which is where I started on this). However, Last week when I ran thorough the RC1 VB2.3.3 upgrade again, I found no mention of this script during the process.

Moot point now.

Comment

it doesnt mention it anywhere. you just have to stumble apon it or just ask how to do it.
                  Jon Whitcraft
                  Internal Systems Engineer - SugarCRM

Comment

what's the point of having the table prefix?

I'm going to go ahead and leave it blank, but what is it used for, if you do have a table prefix?

Comment

if you only have one database, or lets say you have a CMS that directly intergrates with vBulletin but only refers to some of its tables, this way the CMS and vB can directly talk and none of the tablesnames will interfear with each other

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X