Trying to convert from phpBB2 to vb3rc2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to convert from phpBB2 to vb3rc2

Ok I have phpBB2 installed no hacks of any kind, I have a clean un hacked vb3rc2 installed. I run the import script and this is what I get

Warning: main(): Unable to access ./../admincp/global.php in /home/virtual/site62/fst/home/game/public_html/forums/forums/admincp/importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php on line 21

Warning: main(./../admincp/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site62/fst/home/game/public_html/forums/forums/admincp/importers/bbimport_phpbb2.php on line 21
    I am using the script that was included with the download of vb3rc2, any help with this will be welcomed.

I didn't think there were any importers available for vb3 yet?

I thought you had to install 2.3.4, use the phpBB importer for it, then upgrade it to vb3 RC2.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

well if thats what I need to do, oh well.

Comment

This is correct. The import scripts only work with vB2 right now. They will be updated for vB3 soon after the final is released.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well that would explain why it does not work yet.

Comment

I recently upgraded from PHPbb2 > Vb3 Gamma, and now I'm at RC2.

Install vb 2.3.4 and use the inport scripts to port your PHPbb to vB 2.3x, then upgrade from 2.3x to RC2.

In my install/upgrade, everything went fairly smooth... only thing was the PM's were not imported, avatars are not imported, and a few display issues from the bbcode differences between the two boards. For example in phpbb, size=16 is a somewhat large font size, but in vB that translates to about size=3. The lists in bbcode also needed some adjustments.

It's really in my opinion still worth the upgrade. Or you can wait until the new import scripts are released with the final version of vb3, but those import srcipts may or may not have the same issues. Just depends on what the devs put together.

Comment

Well this is my 2nd forum I am converting to vb and I would not pay for another forum. The level of support and the quality of the work can not be matched at this price level.

This one I am actually converting from invision board, and since the import to vb2 did not work I had to convert to phpbb2. I was just hoping I did not have to install vb2 then upgrade that to vb3.
              Last edited by wolfman; Thu 8 Jan '04, 1:08pm.

Comment

hold the phone

Don't import until you have read this thread (it sorts out the list, size, and poll problems with the current import script)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90985

Good luck.
                My Twitterings

Comment

bookmarking until I get over this cold.

Comment

Any progress on importers yet?

Comment

Nothing new from what I posted earlier.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the response.

Comment

Ok I did get the import done. I just installed vb2.3.4 and used that import script which worked very well, then upgraded to vb3 RC 2 you can see the end results @ www.shadow-enclave.com

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                            Ok I did get the import done. I just installed vb2.3.4 and used that import script which worked very well, then upgraded to vb3 RC 2 you can see the end results @ www.shadow-enclave.com
                            How large was your database when upgrading? I am having a second forum that is still on phpBB and the database is about 200 megs on the server and I am concerned how could I import it to vBulletin (the forum is on a shared hosting account though).

Christoph
                            Web Hosting Rebates
                            The Web Hosting Resource Kit - Free hosting related articles and tutorials

Comment

Hell, I imported from Snitz to vb2 to upgrade to vb3. Tons of time, but well worth it in the end.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X