How Do I...create a database error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I...create a database error?

Sounds funny huh? Well I need to test the repair function and for the last month the darn thing won't crash like it normally does weekly. I have local access to my database and want to put in an error that can be fixed by the repair tool easily without causing any damage.

Originally posted by wential
    Sounds funny huh? Well I need to test the repair function and for the last month the darn thing won't crash like it normally does weekly. I have local access to my database and want to put in an error that can be fixed by the repair tool easily without causing any damage.
    Just unplug the server... that is the best way to get an error.

Otherwise.... a watched pot never boils, just wait for an error to happen, mysql won't fail you in generating an error sooner or later

Comment

Funny you mentioned that. My power was interrupted yesterday for about 2 hours (I wasn't around). The backup power lasted for about 3/4 of that time before it failed and the server died. When the power came back on, the server restarted itself and no errors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X