What is phpinclude_start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is phpinclude_start?

Can somebody possibly explain what phpinclude_start (and phpinclude_end) are for? What's the idea behind it?

phpinclude_* templates allow you to add php code to be run on your forums with each page.

phpinclude_start is run before the vBulletin code runs to generate the page, and phpinclude_end is run after everything is done.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
      phpinclude_* templates allow you to add php code to be run on your forums with each page.

phpinclude_start is run before the vBulletin code runs to generate the page, and phpinclude_end is run after everything is done.
      Merk, do you think maybe if they ever come up with a phpinclude_middle we might get that profileviews code to work?
      vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Thanks. Your speed of answer is AMAZING!

Is phpinclude_start run before every single page? Or are there any exceptions?

Comment

Every single page, I believe. But you exclude things to run on other pages with the if this_script= condition.
          vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

There are no exceptions, every vBulletin script runs it

Comment

Originally posted by merk
              There are no exceptions, every vBulletin script runs it
              But as Boofo said, you can limit execution of code to certain pages only by using the THIS_SCRIPT constant.

Comment

He didnt ask about limiting the execution

Comment

He hinted towards it though:

Originally posted by rrotman
                  Is phpinclude_start run before every single page? Or are there any exceptions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X