Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set forumrules to collapsed initially?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I set forumrules to collapsed initially?

    First off vBulletin 3.0 rc2 rocks! I love it! One question though....

    I've checked on this site, and I've dug into the code a bit, but I can't figure out how to collapse the forumrules (the box at the bottom of the page that's entitled "Posting Rules") as the default behavior.

    In other words, I'd like that box to be collapsed and only display the rules when someone clcks the button in the upper-right hand corner of the box. I think the behavior as defined in vBulletin is that the box is expanded by default and collapsed only when the user clicks the button.

    Any pointers/tips?

    thanks,

    Brian

  • #2
    I would like to know how to do this also.

    To take it one step furthur, it would be nice to have it as well as the Additional Options collaps when the Submit button is clicked.

    Comment


    • #3
      Bueller... Anyone...?

      Originally posted by unbrand
      First off vBulletin 3.0 rc2 rocks! I love it! One question though....

      I've checked on this site, and I've dug into the code a bit, but I can't figure out how to collapse the forumrules (the box at the bottom of the page that's entitled "Posting Rules") as the default behavior.

      In other words, I'd like that box to be collapsed and only display the rules when someone clcks the button in the upper-right hand corner of the box. I think the behavior as defined in vBulletin is that the box is expanded by default and collapsed only when the user clicks the button.

      Any pointers/tips?

      thanks,

      Brian
      There should be an easy way to deal with this. Is there anyone who has solved this issue?

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok, I have an answer.

        Originally posted by Andy
        I would like to know how to do this also.

        To take it one step furthur, it would be nice to have it as well as the Additional Options collaps when the Submit button is clicked.
        The main issue is that the cookie that controls this behavior only gets set on the client. Well, not anymore! My solution involves setting the cookie on the server before the user sees it. That way we can force a "collapsed" state. Here's what I did:

        in global.php (my addition enclosed in 'bdc' comments):

        <snip>

        This solution seems to work fine, and the forumrules is now collapsed by default.

        Hope this helps.

        Comment


        • #5
          Please do not post code modifications here. Visit vbulletin.org for this type of question.

          Comment


          • #6
            My apologies...

            Originally posted by Freddie
            Please do not post code modifications here. Visit vbulletin.org for this type of question.
            I was unaware that code modifications were inappropriate here.

            It seems like there's no way to accomplish a collapsed forumrules without code mods. If anyone is interested in what I did to achieve this, just let me know and I'll head over to vbulletin.org and post over there.

            Comment


            • #7
              did that get posted over at .org or not? If so, could you tell me the thread name or email me a link? [email protected]

              Thanks
              Mike

              Comment

              Loading...
              Working...
              X