X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeepsforme
    replied
    Thanks for the path.

I just didn't figure that "Search Engine Friendly Archive" was it. I mean, the title implies options that relate to the Search Engine, not the Archive. Or is it a marketing ploy to imply that the Archive is friendly to search engines?

In the end, I just have to resign myself to searching through all the options in order to find what I need because the titles do not directly convey the true options behind them.

Case in point, I want to turn off the Calendar feature as I use a different calendar. Going to "Forums Home Page Options" where there are three calendar options would be the logical place. But no, it's not there.

I think vBrc2 is a really great board and I'm glad to have found such a powerful board, it's just trying to get inside the developers mind to figure out their logic in the placement of options in the Contol Panel is staggering!

Leave a comment:

• daemon
    replied
    Originally posted by jeepsforme
    Ok, so you've found it. How about telling the rest of us where you found it in the admincp area? I need to know.
    Admin CP --> Options --> vBulletin Options --> Search Engine Friendly Archive --> Forum Archive Enabled --> Yes

Leave a comment:

• good2laugh
    replied
    Originally posted by jeepsforme
    Ok, so you've found it. How about telling the rest of us where you found it in the admincp area? I need to know.
    Is a while ago can't recall directly I think I just searched. I never get a straight answer from this forum. Maybe you will have better luck.. notice how my last question was totally ignored. They do manage to send me six reminders that my membership had expired though - so not totally ignored I guess.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• jeepsforme
    replied

Leave a comment:

• good2laugh
    replied
    doesn't matter found it seems my server obviously doesn't have Apache with PHP compiled as a module that just sucks. I suppose there are no alternatives if ours are cgi then? apart from moving server which I wouldn't want to do.

Leave a comment:

• good2laugh
    replied
    Ok, so can you tell me where I enable it in the admin cp

thank you for your time

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Both. You need to enable this option in the Admin CP and your server needs to be able to support it.

Leave a comment:

• good2laugh
    started a topic archive

archive

Is there something in the admin panel I should check to enable the archive to work? or is it entirely dependent on my server. ie if the server supported it would it work automatically?

thank you for your time
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X