• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL -- IS blocking emails

Just a fyi, I have started seeing this on emails sent to aol users

SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
    host mailin-03.mx.aol.com [205.188.157.25]: 554 TRANSACTION FAILED:

(HVU:B1) The URL contained in your email to AOL members has generated a high volume of complaints. Per our Unsolicit

New users can't register, existing users can't retrieve passwords, or get subscriptions.

So -- basically, AOL has blacklisted our domain -- The only way to even get a email from our site is to sign up on the forum --I know for a fact we have never sent out a single piece of spam.

I'm 1/2 a second away from banning all AOL users, and putting a note on the front of the site saying complain to AOL we can't do anything about it.

Anyone got any info on complaining to AOL ?? I feel almost sure it would fall on deaf ears -- but what the heck.
    -

Try emailing them and explaining what your site is and that it doesn't send and spam.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Did that yesterday -- sent it to [email protected] -- I haven't heard anything back as of yet. That is why I was asking if anyone knew a better way to complain to them.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by svoec
        Did that yesterday -- sent it to [email protected] -- I haven't heard anything back as of yet. That is why I was asking if anyone knew a better way to complain to them.
        Calling them apparently works better.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
          Calling them apparently works better.
          oh -- I've been calling them LOTS of things all day

I'll give that a try tomorrow -- thanks.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X