Keep getting redirected to ACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep getting redirected to ACP

When i enter the url to my upgrade script I keep getting redirected to the admin cp. I didnt run any steps yet so thats a good thing. Everything is uploaded to the right directory and everything

I'm having the same problem, too. I had a clean installation of RC1 with this problem. Upgraded (used upgrade8.php) to RC2. Still having the same redirect problem.

Comment

Are you running upgrade.php?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Same here... tried running upgrade.php and was redirected to the admin CP.

Comment

Strange. I upgraded my test forum from RC1 to RC2 earlier today and this didn't happen. Not sure what could be causing this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I initially tried to use the upgrade.php and it didn't seem to work. Then I used upgrade8.php and it did the upgrade.

However, I still have the problem with being directed back to the login screen.

So what can I do to fix this? Is there a way to delete everything and try a fresh install? Although, I don't know why it wouldn't do the same thing again.

I tried forcing a new password and that didn't work either. When I initially did the install, I chose the silver template. When it comes back to login screen the second time around, it does display the silver template.

Comment

Same here... I get redireccted to the Admin Panel... Weird!

But the upgrade8.php worked good.
              Last edited by Pc-Gamer; Mon 5th Jan '04, 7:18pm.

Comment

I tried also running the upgrade.php script. First time I got a security error that said 'install.php' was still in the install directory and I'd need to delete it to get to the admin panel. Okay, I deleted 'install.php' from that directory. Then put in the currect URL to upgrade.php and it just redirected me to the admin panel. There was no upgrade steps, and the current version was still RC1.

There are many more upgrade php's in the zip file (ie, upgrade1.php, upgrade2.php, etc). Not sure which one to try, unless I should skip down to upgrade8. ??

Comment

According to Mike this was a problem if you did a fresh install of RC1. He says you can skip straight to upgrade8.php to bypass this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

But I did run upgrade8 and I still have the problem. If I should have done something differently, how do I redo it?

Comment

I'll let Mike know.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks for the help. I ended up running upgrade8.php and it worked fine.

Comment

Thanks much. Antsy to get started....

Comment

i have the same problem on a local testserver install (being redirected to the loginscreen after successfully entering my login data. It works without problem on the production server though. I suspect a problem with the cookiedomain maybe?

Rocco

Comment

No probs here, but I went from gamma > RC1 > RC2

Comment