Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Align Sidebar with Navbar?

Hi there,

To better follow my question you might want to go to http://www.kurt-nilsen.de and select the "FORUM" link to the left.

You will be taken to a pretty much standard vB 3.0 RC2.
    In order to get a right sidebar I added the following lines to the header template:

HTML Code:
    <!-- RR Opener -->
    <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
      <tr>
    	<td width="100%" valign="top">
    <!-- /RR Opener -->
    I have added them directly after the end of the (default) logo template:

HTML Code:
    <!-- /logo -->
    In the footer template I have the second column (that's where the sidebar content goes to) and I close the newly opened table from header.

Question: Why is my sidebar not starting exactly aligned (top) with the navbar table? Why does it seem to be one line above the navbar?

Any hint how to get rid?

Adding <br /> to the contents of the sidebar does not help as it only pushes the CONTENT inside the cell downwards, but not the sidebar table itself.

Thanks in advance.
    Ralf

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88574
    sigpic

Comment

rrotman, check vB.org, I released a sidebar modification that should work to your likings

Comment

TheAnt06 / trackpads: Thank you for replying. I know vb.org and the hacks published there and trackpads, we had a fairly long discussion about the way you did it before.

But still this does not answer my question here: I believe that doing the two small additions to the header and footer template is the easiest way to add a right hand sidebar and it doesn't even include any hacking. It's just template changes.

But why does the sidebar start one line above. I cannot find out *what exactly* adds the extra space above the navbar.

Anybody any ideas?

Comment

Can you post your code or email it me? If I could see it it might be better.

The other thing that always gets me is that I forget to align a cell to the top, ie valign=top.

Looking at your site, can you make sure that in the NAVBAR Template you remove the <br> at the beginning?

-Jason
          sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
            It's been the <br /> in the navbar template. So easy... :-)
            Now it is perfectly aligned. Thanks again!

Comment

Glad to help!
              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X