RC1 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC1 trouble

the first time any page loads on my forum its ok, but if i refresh, none of the images work, including gradients for forum headers.. ive had this problem and some of my members have reported it to me. im on IE6 btw.
    My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.

Revert your templates and reupload the original RC1 files (Download a new zip file to fix a security issue.) When you upload the files make sure you overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem, however it's occurring only with the images that were uploaded through the forum (avatars, profile pictures, and attachments).

When you say 'Revert your templates' does this mean I'll have to start from scratch with customizing my templates?

Comment

Yes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Were you saving the data a files and possibly deleted them when you were upgrading?
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

First, simply deleting everything and starting over doesn't sound like a good plan. I just spent several hours customizing the templates when I noticed this problem. I'm not going to just dump everything and start from scratch when a bug shows up.

No files were deleted during the installation. The images come up fine throughout the site. I would have never noticed a problem if it weren't for the fact that I hit the refresh button. Once I do, the images come up missing (square white box with red X on IE6). If I manually click on each image and select 'show picture' they'll pop back up.

I've tested it on several different machines using IE5, IE6, and Netscape. Oddly enough, it works fine on Netscape. It does not occur on my installation of vB 2.3.

Only the avatars, profile pictures, and image attachments are effected.

Thanks...

Comment

If you put the actual image URL in to the browser I suspect you'll be getting a 403 Forbidden error can you verify this please.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

No, it's an error 500... server error.

Try this...
                http://www.performanceprobe.com/foru...&stc=1&thumb=1

and this...
                http://www.performanceprobe.com/foru...ine=1073334538

Both images are the same, but the first one is an attachment, the second is an avatar. Both come up fine, but once you try hitting the refresh button, they're gone.

Comment

Does your host have any sort of throttling enabled or something to stop people viewing the same page too many times?
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

No.

Comment

Create a new style with all the original templates and see if you still have this problem. Also have you reuploade the original vB files?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Can you look at the error_logs generated by apache and see whats caused ISE 500 then
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

ive upgraded to RC2 and im still having this problem
                          My Forums - A Forum dedicated to the horror films comprising the George A. Romero "Dead" series of films, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Diary of the Dead and Survival of the Dead.

Comment

From error log:
                            malformed header from script. Bad header=HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified

Comment

What webserver are you using?
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X