RC1 Sending Activation Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC1 Sending Activation Codes

I just upgraded to RC1. My First task was to create a New User. The New User Notification worked fine, but email to activate the user is never received. I went into AdminCP to send acitvation code to the Users Email again. It give me a screen to verify the email, I guess I could make changes to the email if I wanted, but the email looks good so I hit send activation codes, I get a screen saying the email was sent fine, after a few moments, I am returned to my AdminCP but my forum homepage is in the edit window. The activation codes are never recieved. I'm not sure this is the Right place for this message but Freddie asked that I bing my problems over here, instead of the bug tracker.
    Thank you for Caring and Sharing,
    SirD
    Fear is an interesting subject.... a little fear keeps you safe ~ too much fear drives you crazy,
    and Just The right amount of Fear ~ Makes you very HORNY...
    :D

Go into your ADMIN CP -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization.

Set "Use -f Parameter" to Yes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did as you suggested and there is no change, I tried with and without the -f, I go to send user Activation code, everything seems to go OK and I am Returned to the control panel but I'm looking at My Forums homepage, with the control panel options on the left side. I can do this over and over again.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Go into your ADMIN CP -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization.

Set "Use -f Parameter" to Yes.
      SirD
      Fear is an interesting subject.... a little fear keeps you safe ~ too much fear drives you crazy,

Comment

What do your mail logs say?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I received email from your forum when I registered and I have received a "reset password" email which I assume you sent to me.

Comment

What do your mail logs say?
            I have to admit, I'm not exactly sure what email logs you are talking about, but I'm looking. I'm on a shared Server with SMTP shared access. I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with my Forum Homepage showing inside my control panel after requesting user verification codes sent.
            SirD

Comment

You will need to ask your host to check the mail logs for you. Give them the email address you were trying to send to.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am so sorry, forgive my ignorence but am I asking them to see the sendmail logs for my server to the person I'm trying to have the board send email to from the ACP?
                I'm not even sure why using Send Activation codes has anything to do with my Forum Homepage sitting in my ACP.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                You will need to ask your host to check the mail logs for you. Give them the email address you were trying to send to.
                SirD

Comment

Yes, tell them the email address that is not receiving these emails and they can look it up on the logs.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by SirDrahcir
                    I'm not exactly sure what that has to do with my Forum Homepage showing inside my control panel after requesting user verification codes sent.
                    Honestly, I don't know either. I cannot recreate this phenomenon. Are you doing this through the User Account Edit screen or the Email User's Screen?

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

ISP does not know how to access sendmail logs

I contacted my ISP, they did not have a clue how to access sendmail logs for my application.

Yes, tell them the email address that is not receiving these emails and they can look it up on the logs.
                      SirD

Comment

You're kidding! Any web host that doesn't know how to do this is incompetent. Sorry but I don't know what else to suggest.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

From the Admin Control Panel

I'm logged in as a SuperAdmin, I do a user search and choose newly registered users, I choose the new user that I just created, I click on the drop down menu and chose to send activation codes, I get another screen showing the address I'm send too and I see that it looks right and I choose to send, I get a breif screen saying message was sent successfully and I am returned to my AdminCP but my inside large window in my forum homepage, my adminCP is still in the left column and I can call up different admin controls no problem.

Honestly, I don't know either. I cannot recreate this phenomenon. Are you doing this through the User Account Edit screen or the Email User's Screen?
                          SirD

Comment

My Web Host

My Web Host is BlueDomino and they claim they have a lot of VBulletin Boards running on there servers without any problem. I don't know what else to do now? They claim I can get the information by sending a request to [email protected] but he said they are only there Monday to Friday Regular Business hours.

You're kidding! Any web host that doesn't know how to do this is incompetent. Sorry but I don't know what else to suggest.
                            SirD

Comment

As Freddie stated he did receive the activation email from your forums. Since this function is working, the problem is either server or mailbox related. The only way to know what happened to these emails is my viewing the mail logs.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X