Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conqsoft
    replied
    You don't have to move the attachments out of the database to require the user to be logged in to view the attachment.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can prevent non-local use of uploaded images with the Attachment system.

1) Move the attachments out of the database and specify a folder outside your web root. For example if your webroot is /home/username/public_html make the attachment directory /home/username/vb_attachments/.

2) CHMOD so that your web server can write to it. This is usually easiest with 777.

3) The system will automatically create subforums organize attachments by userid (I believe) and name the attachments like this: XXX.attach where XXX equals the attachment id.

4) Go into the permissions and deny viewing and downloading attachments for every usergroup that you want don't want to see it. In your case "Guest/Not Logged In".

Now the only way for people to view your attachments is to use the attachment.php file to retrieve them and to be in a proper user group.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    That could be done with htaccess and mod_rewrite. Somewhere around here is a thread i think from freddy explaining exactly this behaviour.

What it does is checking, if the requesting url is a allowed one or not and if not just changing the requested image to another one. You notice that on tripod e.g.

Leave a comment:

• Gustav
    replied
    Put it up on thw wish list please

Also, is there a way of prevent non-local direct use of the images? That is a server feature, right?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This would require custom code to have GD put a watermark on. This should be discussed at vBulletin.org when they allow hacks over there.

Leave a comment:

• Buczilla
    replied
    I'm not really familiar with GD, but I am pretty sure this could be done.

Don't ask me how though

Leave a comment:

• Gustav
    started a topic Watermark on uploaded images?

Watermark on uploaded images?

Can that be done?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X