Going from Gamma to 2.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from Gamma to 2.3

Is there any way to go from Gamma to 2.3? I don't like Gamma that much and I want to go back.
    All I want to do is keep the posts, threads, users/user info, the permissions of the users.
    Last edited by Tweek; Thu 25th Dec '03, 6:30pm.

you can't i don't think.....
    http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4535/astgmail.gif

Comment

Just upload back all vb2 files and put the data you have in your SQL backup prior you did just before upgrading to vb3.

You'll lose all your new posts and threads, for sure, but there is (as you can read in the tons of other threads on the same subject) no downgrade script.
      Syntax errors in my post ? Well, I'm a french-speaking Swiss user..

Comment

Originally posted by Symen_4ab
        Just upload back all vb2 files and put the data you have in your SQL backup prior you did just before upgrading to vb3.

You'll lose all your new posts and threads, for sure, but there is (as you can read in the tons of other threads on the same subject) no downgrade script.
        I Went back to 2.3.3 from beta 7 (..we had a problem with hosts..long story...)
        and had didnt have a copy of the original db from before the upgrade so all we did was upload all the vb2 files and run the 2.3.3 upgrade script a few times and it worked ok.....(now we cant go back, it won't let us run the gamma or beta 7 upgrade script!!!)

Comment

oops quoted you by accident!,

Also just to add, if you do use your backed up data base, and wish to keep the new threads use myphpadmin and back up/download the new threads from the thread table to .sql file and when you have gone back to 2.3.3 run the .sql file you backedup/downloaded as a query on the backed up table and you wont lose your posts.

You can do the same for users.
          Last edited by SPACE™; Thu 25th Dec '03, 8:10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by SPACE™
            oops quoted you by accident!,

Also just to add, if you do use your backed up data base, and wish to keep the new threads use myphpadmin and back up/download the new threads from the thread table to .sql file and when you have gone back to 2.3.3 run the .sql file you backedup/downloaded as a query on the backed up table and you wont lose your posts.

You can do the same for users.
            I wouldn't do that. The table structures are different and the passwords stored in 3.0 are not backwards compatible with 2.3.3 and will be unusable. If you were to run the upgrade script again, you will effectively wipe out every user's password.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X