upgraded... to some weird stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgraded... to some weird stuff

first of all, all my users are gone. so are all the threads and posts. for some reason, it decided to keep the forums though. that's about all it kept in the upgrade.

the posts and threads are obviously still in the database somewhere, as i've been rebuilding the search index for about 15 minutes now and it's at about 400,000 right now. plus when i update attachment thumbnails, it's searching through thousands of posts.

what the heck? about 2000 users and countless posts gone.

i backed up the old database using ssh. i upgraded from 2.3 to 3 gamma. any ideas?

also... when building attachment thumbnails, if i click on on the thumbnail numbers, i don't have permission to view it.

Comment

Rebuilding the Search Index won't rebuild the Forums indexes. That's just for the Search option on your board (if I'm not mistaken).

Did you try Repair/Optimize Tables in the Admin CP? I did that when I upgraded, had the same problem as you, and it worked. I would also try Updating Counters for Forums, Forum Info and Thread Info.
      [email protected]
      BondMovies.com - "Nobody Does It Better."

Comment

when i repair tables in the admincp, it hangs on a white screen for a minute, then goes to this:
        Action canceled

Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.Please try the following:
        • Click the [refresh] button, or try again later.
          If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.
        • For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer
        Last edited by restless; Thu 25 Dec '03, 7:16am. Reason: wrong tag

Comment

update: i just got repair to work.

unfortunately, my old threads and users are still not showing up. now i'm trying "rebuild statistics" and it's again going through thousands of posts that are there but not showing up.

Comment

Rebuilding statistics in unlikely to fix this problem. There is no reason for this data to disappear if the upgrade was good.

Did you make a backup of your database prior to upgrading?
            What version did you upgrade from?
            What were the exact steps you took to upgrade, including all upgrade scripts?
            Did you receive *any* error messages during the upgrasde process?
            What is the URL to your forums?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Rebuilding statistics in unlikely to fix this problem. There is no reason for this data to disappear if the upgrade was good.

Did you make a backup of your database prior to upgrading?
              What version did you upgrade from?
              What were the exact steps you took to upgrade, including all upgrade scripts?
              Did you receive *any* error messages during the upgrasde process?
              What is the URL to your forums?
              1. i made a backup of the database using ssh.
              2. i upgraded from 2.3
              3. i upgraded using upgrade.php. it took me through... i believe 3 or 4 different upgrades, up to gamma.
              4. no error messages.
              5. http://www.vagrantcafe.com/forums

Comment

Honestly it doesn't make any sense then. Approximately how many members and posts are missing?

All I can suggest is you restore the backup database and do the upgrade again. There is absolutely no reason to lose any data is the upgrade goes well.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Honestly it doesn't make any sense then. Approximately how many members and posts are missing?

All I can suggest is you restore the backup database and do the upgrade again. There is absolutely no reason to lose any data is the upgrade goes well.
                  i'm actually trying that right now. should i create a new database and then import using:
                  mysql -uusername -p database < backup.sql

Comment

Yeah, that will work. You'll need to change config.php to point to the new database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X