Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 3 Documentation

Hello, guys,

I'm doing a clean install of vBulletin 3. I uploaded all files to the server, edited the config.php file and runned the install.php script. Everything worked just fine. I did everything without any documentation.. but now I would like to read something about the installation process of the version 3, like folders that need to the CHMODed, etc. Where can I find all these information?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Palatino; Wed 24 Dec '03, 10:52am. Reason: Show my signature.

There is no documentation yet. It won't be ready until after vB3 is final.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      There is no documentation yet. It won't be ready until after vB3 is final.
      I understand. Well, Steve, could you then, please, tell me if there is any folder that need to be CHMODed or anything related? It would be really helpfull.

Thank you.

Comment

Usually you do not have to chmod anything. The default permissions work 99% of the time. If you are not having any problems, then everything is fine.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The only folders that would have to be CHMODed are a folder you create for external avatar storage, the folder for external attachment storage, and the folder for admin logs. All of these are optional and instructions and permission settings are outlined in the inline help within the admin control panel.

Furthermore, almost every option and feature in the admin control panel has a little question mark on the right. This is further inline help if the description isn't enough.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment