Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add something like "assistant moderator"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add something like "assistant moderator"?

Hi,
    I would like to manage my forums permissions as follow:

What I would like to is: add one more option for moderators (let's name it 'assistant moderator').

All my forums can be viewed by regitered and guests expect a forum that can only be seen by Admin, Mod, Super Mod and if what asked above is possible by "assistant moderator".

If that is possible, Ill make one forum that will be visible only for Admin, moderators and super moderators.

If my question isn't clear, just let me know and I will try to be more precise.

Regards,

Alex
    Alex

It's not clear. What exactly do you want 'assistant moderators' to be able to do and what does this have to do with the last part of your post?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry... I was not clear. When trying to explain it a better way to you I found myself the answer (what an awfull thread!!!). I wanted to add a usergroup to this list so I could manage forums permissions:
      Last edited by jeskel; Tue 23rd Dec '03, 1:29pm.
      Alex

Comment

Which forum permissions did you want to allow? The only option available to you are the ones in the user group permissions and the ones in the individual Moderator permissions under each forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think he found his answer. He wanted to create a new usergroup and allow that group to see his hidden forum that admins/mods/supamods could see.

Comment

I found the solution to my problem. I didn't understand the functionning of usergroups. I just added a user group and edited the permissions for the forums nedded. Thank you Steve. Excuse me for the time I made you loose
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X