Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Integrating vB with non-vB pages requires hacking. We don't allow hacking discussions on these forums. The place for this kind of help is vbulletin.org, but hacking for vB3 is not allowed there until vB3 is final.

Leave a comment:

• Single sign-up and login for members area AND vbulletin forum

Hi All,

I'm about to start coding the sign-up procedure for a members area of a new website. I'd like to add a vbulletin forum to this website as part of the overall site offering. But now I'm thinking to myself, wouldn't it be great if a single form (or sequence of forms) could handle both the sign-up to the main site AND simulaneously the sign-up/registration for the vBulletin forum?

In other words, before I even start coding the sign-up section of the new site, I'd like advice or guidance to see if there is a way (tutorial, perhaps?) of integrating two sign-up processes into one? If I take the registration code in vBulletin 'as is', then I assume I'm going to have to do something like create similar code to handle the registration for the main site (including the same rules/validation that vBulletin enforces), and then copy the data across to the vBulletin database.

An alternative angle on the idea is that I do allow the general public visiting the site to view the forums and even become members (of the forum only). But ultimately, in the forums, I have to be able to distinguish the signed-up and paid for members of the main site from the general public who are not sign-up and paid for members of the main site. Hope that makes sense.

All sounds v. hairy! Which is why I'm asking the question to see if I can get some up-front guidance!

Thanks v. much in anticipation.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X