Cannot Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Upgrade

It seems to be impossible to do so, I have a second database set up which contains a backup of my live database, I have set up a second database with a copy of my date in so I can play around with vb3 in a testing environment so when I have it skinned etc, I can go live with it and replace my existing vb 2.3.3

I've simply SSH'd a backup to my webspace, and restored it in a second database, and then set the various config options in the config file to use the correct data/username/password/database name for this second database, however when I run the upgrader I get this:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I have the database settings in config.php pointing to the database with the backup of my VB2.3.3 installation in, if I change the config.php in vb2.3.3 to use the same details it runs off the second database fine, but as soon as I fire up the upgrade script for vb3 with the same details, it doesn't work, just a database error, please advise.
    Last edited by freedom2support; Sun 21 Dec '03, 9:52am.

Also to prove it's something with the installer, the existing vb 2.3.3 will run off both my live database, and also the seperate one that contains a backup that I want to use on VB3 to test it out.

I simply get the above error when I try to run my upgrade script, more info below :

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT title, data FROM datastore
    WHERE title IN ('options', 'cron', 'forumcache', 'usergroupcache', 'stylecache')

mysql error: Table 'freedom2support_net_-_vb3.datastore' doesn't exist

mysql error number: 1146

Date: Sunday 21st of December 2003 05:59:16 PM
    Script: http://www.freedom2support.net/testv...ll/upgrade.php
    Referer:
    IP Address: 81.174.150.99
    Last edited by freedom2support; Sun 21 Dec '03, 10:00am.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom2support
      mysql error: Table 'freedom2support_net_-_vb3.datastore' doesn't exist
      Does that database and table exist?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The Database exists yep, because I've used exactly the same details for my existing 2.3.3 board and it works fine, the table doesn't though, and I thought I read it's not needed in 2.3.3, could it be that the table is not being created?

Comment

Strange, It just suddenley worked, hit reload on upgrade.php and after about 10 attempts the upgrade.php script came up without an error, seems to be resolved, but seems very very odd.

Comment

That would seem to be it. Unfortunately I've seen other problems with the table and have not seen a solution. Try reuploading all the original Gamma files and trying again.

Edit: Hmmm...very strange.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X