Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got mod_rewrite settings to ensure compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got mod_rewrite settings to ensure compatibility?

I want to ensure compatibility between several thousand URLs of Version 2.x which are index in various search engines and vB 3.0.

Has anyone worked out the mod_rewrite commands for this? I'm going with the assumption that forumid and threadid are the only two changes.

Originally posted by shri
    I want to ensure compatibility between several thousand URLs of Version 2.x which are index in various search engines and vB 3.0.

Has anyone worked out the mod_rewrite commands for this? I'm going with the assumption that forumid and threadid are the only two changes.
    if u replace 'f' with 'forumid' it still works (as with all the other name reductions). No changes needed, vb3 recognises the link and process's it as normal

Taz
    http://www.e-tones.co.uk - The best site on the net for mobile phones.

Comment

Originally posted by shri

Can you publich your rewrite setting here, please, so we can work on it together, I'm thinking ow my own hack as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X