Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signature/color/alignment/postbit problem in Gamma

this one has me puzzeled...

on most posts...everything is fine...however...on occasion...i get an oddity where the signature area will become a different color than the alt color specified and the signature will be aligned weird...this happens whether it is a regular post or an edit and it is completely random...

see attached image.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Smoke free since 9-28-08

bump.
    Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

If this is entirely random then it's almost impossible to troubleshoot. Is this only happening to you?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        If this is entirely random then it's almost impossible to troubleshoot. Is this only happening to you?
        not just to me. it has happened to one other user. all users can see the oddity...but has only happened to posts by me and one other user.

here is the link to the post in my attachment above. note the difference between the sig are and the message area above it...it may be slight...but its there. it stands out like a sore thumb on my screen. 19" monitor with a screen res of 1280x1024x32...

http://forum.hel-razor.com/showpost....&postcount=859
        Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

something else i dont understand...

if i were to switch to the default vb3 gamma style and view the exact same post with the oddity in it...the oddity disappears...

EDIT: another interesting note is that if i switch to the legacy postbit in my HR Style (the dark style), the oddity doesnt appear in that post either...
          Last edited by The Wise One; Sun 21 Dec '03, 11:11am.
          Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

here is yet another post that got really screwed up...

http://forum.hel-razor.com/showpost....58&postcount=7

found in this thread...

http://forum.hel-razor.com/showthrea...eid=1#post3202

its the same as my previous post...in the default vb3 style...this does not happen...i have not modded the postbit at all except for colors...
            Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

What exactly is supposed to be wrong with the last post you linked to?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What exactly is supposed to be wrong with the last post you linked to?
                if you look at it in the thread itself...i linked to the thread (2nd link)...about halfway down the post, the background color changes...then the color goes away all together...and just a little further down still...the text comes outof the table all together...

if you follow this link

http://forum.hel-razor.com/showthrea...eid=1#post3202

and then scroll up some...you will see what im talking about.
                Last edited by The Wise One; Sun 21 Dec '03, 7:31pm. Reason: fix broken link
                Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

I don't see the color thing at all. However the text thing is a problem with your 'HR Default' style. If you change this to vBulletin 3 it looks fine.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I don't see the color thing at all. However the text thing is a problem with your 'HR Default' style. If you change this to vBulletin 3 it looks fine.
                    yes...and...if i remain in the HR style, but switch to the legacy postbit...it is fine.

just for kicks...here is a screen shot of what i see...

http://www.hel-razor.com/images/error.JPG
                    Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

Okay, but the problem is with this style. Since I have no idea what changes you've made it's kind of difficult to say explicitly how to fix this. Since the legacy postbit looks fine, then it's proably a change made the the postbit template.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay, but the problem is with this style. Since I have no idea what changes you've made it's kind of difficult to say explicitly how to fix this. Since the legacy postbit looks fine, then it's proably a change made the the postbit template.
                        ive reverted the postbit to default and it still does it.

only changes that have been made were to the header/footer, navbar, and forum home...might be a couple of other template changes in there too...but nothing to do with the postbit template.

onlything i have done to postbit is change the font size for the user name from 14 to 10...
                        Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

Well since the 'vBulletin 3' style and the 'HR Default style with postbit_legacy works, then I really don't know what the specific cause of this is. It may be one of the other postibit templates. I'm afraid you'll just need to play with it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well since the 'vBulletin 3' style and the 'HR Default style with postbit_legacy works, then I really don't know what the specific cause of this is. It may be one of the other postibit templates. I'm afraid you'll just need to play with it.
                            thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. i appreciate it

i downloaded the style, then reverted all templates...problem is now gone...must be in one of the template mods i did...but what is wierd is that it couldnt be the postbit template...

o wells...ill just go back thru and install one mod at a time and check that post...

thanks again
                            Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

just an FYI

i reuploaded the style and expanded all templates. first one i edited that i came too was "bbcode_quote"...

got lucky...when i reverted it...everything returned to normal...
                              Smoke free since 9-28-08

Comment

Working...
                              X