Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boofo
    replied
    What I want to do is allow guests to view 3 forums and the messages in them but not allow them to view any of the other forums messages, which would be the only difference from them not viewing any of the messages as it is now. It is a support area for a popular File manager.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    lol at this point its time to hide some forums if you need to hide this much

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    How would you do that line if you wanted to not let 2 different usergroups see it unless that message was in a certain forum ot forums? Like you don't want them to see any messages unless they are in forum number 2 or forum number 12?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    i belive it would be but im not sure

isntead of 1,2 its array(1,2)

Leave a comment:

• M1th
    replied
    no, simply say

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] != 1 OR $bbuserinfo[usergroupid] != 2">

Leave a comment:

• b00tsauce
    replied
    how can I add 2 usergroups that I don't want them to see the post? For now I have the unregistered people who cant see the post, but what if I want to add 2 groups in the same condition?

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] != 1,2">$post[message]<else />What youd Like to say to them here </if>

Is this the right syntax?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    yes it does
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Palatino
    replied
    Originally posted by b00tsauce
    Looks like Faranth was on the right track, but the syntax was a tad off

Here's the good syntax:

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] != 1">$post[message]<else />What youd Like to say to them here </if>
    Does it work properly now?

Leave a comment:

• Elmer
    replied
    Editing the usergrup you don't want them to see posts and setting not to view user posts? maybe that could help..

Leave a comment:

• b00tsauce
    replied
    Looks like Faranth was on the right track, but the syntax was a tad off

Here's the good syntax:

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] != 1">$post[message]<else />What youd Like to say to them here </if>

Leave a comment:

• b00tsauce
    replied
    Yeah, I would be open to that...but it's not working

Leave a comment:

• M1th
    replied
    That might require hacking since you want members to be able to view the forum but get the nopermission page on thread viewing.

What Faranth suggested will hide post contents from members (meaning, it will show the actualy thread)

Leave a comment:

• b00tsauce
    replied
    You just reposted the SAME SAME thing as the post above!

I guess Ill have to ask at vbulletin.nl or something. Im sure this is something simple anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    if you dont want them to be able to view it id suggest asking for hacking help at vbulletin.nl

bah im a dolt

<if condition="$bbuserinfo[usergroupid] != 1"]>$post[message]<else />What youd Like to say to them here </if>

use that it WILL work ^^ i forgot a thing

Leave a comment:

• b00tsauce
    replied
    That still isnt working, Faranth.

I basically want the whole post to be protected, you know what I mean? Not only at the $post[message] level.

If THIS user is not part of THIS group, then post the error/unregistered screen.
    If THIS user is part of THIS group, then post message.

After testing it out with your code, this is what I get:

The following error occurred when attempting to evaluate this template:

Parse error: parse error in [...]/msgboard/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(2960) : eval()'d code on line 108

This is likely caused by a malformed conditional statement. It is highly recommended that you fix this error before continuing, but you may continue as-is if you wish.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by b00tsauce; Wed 24 Dec '03, 12:08pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X