Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kier
    Found the problem.

In your footer template, you are missing a closing </script> tag.

Find this code:
    HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
     // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization
     vBulletin_init();
    //-->
    and replace it with this:
    HTML Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
     // Main vBulletin Javascript Initialization
     vBulletin_init();
    //-->
    </script>
    Kier.

Thank you for that. I had the same problem due to having an additional disclaimer in my footer - I hadn't reverted the style. After trying to fix this problem by uploading all the files again and still not getting it to work, thought about searching for the problem and 'BINGO' there's the fix.

Cheers

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Although I haven't changed the footer recently, the dropdowns (and other javascript related stuff) spontaneously stopped working overnight while I was asleep.

I'd look at the footer template as suggested above, but the problem is extending to the Admin CP - I'm not able to access the Edit Templates options. Is there another way to edit/view templates?
      EN World

Comment

reupload your clientscript folder in ASCII mode.

Comment

Is it safe to do that on an RC4 installation? I haven't upgraded yet, and won't have time to in the next week or so, but it's important I get things working again for the moment. I don't have the original RC4 files locally, just the Gold files.
          EN World

Comment

You shouldn't use the Gold files with RC4. Either reupload the original RC4 files or upgrade to Gold.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment