Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropdown menus stopped working?!

Howdy,

Sometime within the last couple of days the dropdown menus for things such as "Search" and "Quick Links" stopped working. Now when I click on what should be menus it just kind jumps down half a screen. You can try it at http://bbs.pearl-jam.net.

Thanks!
    PJnet BBS .:. RU Forums

It happens with vBulletin.com too. Click on the Search this Forum part and see. I'm getting this link http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...59#forumsearch without an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitemare
      It happens with vBulletin.com too. Click on the Search this Forum part and see. I'm getting this link http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...59#forumsearch without an option.
      Yea, it only seems to be happening with "Search this Forum" on vb.com while all the dropdowns on my site...

... anyone have any clues as to why if stopped working all of a sudden?

Thanks!

Comment

clear your cache

Comment

This happens to me too. However when I try to click them it brings me to the bottom of the page. The only thing that fixed is when I restored the database to a earlier date when gamma was re-installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
            clear your cache
            I cleared my cache and the problem still exists....

Comment

What browser are you using and what browser are you identifying as?
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                What browser are you using and what browser are you identifying as?
                IE6 on Windows 2000 and Window XP identifying as IE6
                Safari 1.1 on Macintosh OS X identifying as Safari 1.1

Comment

Reupload all the files within the /clientscript folder. It appears to be missing some files.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Reupload all the files within the /clientscript folder. It appears to be missing some files.
                    that doesnt explain why vb.com stopped having functional dropdown menus today.

Comment

the menus here are working just fine id suggest clearing your cache again

Comment

Originally posted by Faranth
                        the menus here are working just fine id suggest clearing your cache again
                        Well, Im now on a system that has never browsed the web before, running XP std, no SP1, since i just reloaded it yesterday.

I just configured the network connection.

for the first time enabled cookies, allow js and low and behold, the 'search this forum' dropdown menu is still not working in this forum.

Perhaps you should try clearing your cache and see its no longer working.

Comment

Originally posted by Vigile
                          Well, Im now on a system that has never browsed the web before, running XP std, no SP1, since i just reloaded it yesterday.

I just configured the network connection.

for the first time enabled cookies, allow js and low and behold, the 'search this forum' dropdown menu is still not working in this forum.

Perhaps you should try clearing your cache and see its no longer working.
                          just so we're clear on this, I didnt mean to sound quite so cras, but its not my forum that is malfunctioning, its vb.com

here is the exact two dropdown menus that I am aware of that don't work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

i have just cleared my cache and tried both in Mozi/FB and IE and they all worked just fine

Comment

Try a hard refresh: CTRL-F5
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment