Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kier
    replied
    Changing the AdminCP would be much more complex - I can only recommend that you use just a single URL to access the control panel. It's really not designed to be accessed via multiple paths simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• DeAtHrOw
    replied
    Is there something I can do to fix the adminCP style in a similar way, or am I going to have to wait for the RC1 release?

(If I view the adminCP from the subdomain URL, I get black text on a white background...minus all the dropdown and javascript features)

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by DeAtHrOw
    You, sir, are a god amongst men.
    ...A god amongst men.
    Not sure I'd go that far, but thanks anyway

Leave a comment:

• DeAtHrOw
    replied
    You, sir, are a god amongst men.
    ...A god amongst men.

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Search all templates for $vboptions[abspath]/ and remove that code.

This change has been already made for RC1.

Leave a comment:

• DeAtHrOw
    replied
    Heh. I'm afraid that doesn't work either.

Leave a comment:

• himerus
    replied
    OOOPS...

I had the PHP code wrong... try that snippet again, and see if it works.... I can't imagine that it wouldn't, I just had the haystack and needle backwards. :S I edited the original post with the code that should be right...

I'm not that used to the php_include_start yet, but the way I understand, that gets executed early on so, it would be the place to insert this code, but a VB developer might chime in and say that it's not possible.

Leave a comment:

• DeAtHrOw
    replied
    That would have been a fantastic temporary solution, himerus...unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

I hope someone can find a solution to the nightmares sooner or later. Otherwise the situation looks grim, and I'll have an ugly decision to make. It's either remove the subdomain and leave the forum default URL on the existing address, losing half my members, who aren't clever enough to check the root URL. OR I can make the subdomain the forum default URL and leave the other half of my memberbase with a forum without navigation...Ah, the decisions. It's probably just a case of making an announcement and hoping all my members read it, but that's still putting me in a position I'd rather not be in.

I trusted you, vBulletin! I trusted you and you went behind my back. Scoring with my many wives, drinking my beer and now this...and I paid you to do it! Perhaps this was your plan all along.

Leave a comment:

• himerus
    replied
    You could try something similar to this. I think you would put it in the PHP_include_start section of the template.

PHP Code:
    if (substr_count($REQUEST_URI"forums.pseudoform.com") >= 1)
    {
    header(Location"[url="http://www.pseudoform.com/forums"]http://www.pseudoform.com/forums[/url]"); 

This should redirect any users that hit the forums.pseudoform.com site to the appropriate, working version of the site's URL.
    Last edited by himerus; Sat 20 Dec '03, 6:34pm. Reason: changing error PHP code

Leave a comment:

• Andrew-ningc
    replied
    I noticed the same thing, i moved my forum from a /forum on the full domain to a sub domain, while the transfer was going, i couldn't work out why they forums wern't working (css would be screwed up if it wasn't included in the page and javascript as well).

The problem is, in the admincp there is a setting where you set the board address, in that setting (for me it was http://www.ningc.com/forums) in that setting it removed the domain and just leaves the folder (ie forums).

You need to choose which domain you are going to have, then in the admincp, change the address from http://www.pseudoform.com/forums to http://forums.pseudoform.com, but both can't co-exist at the same time (i know they are on the server, but for the board, you need to send your visitors to one or the other).

This was an annoying for me, and spent a lot of time working out why it was like it, but its either a way from vbulletin from stopping you from hosting it in 2 different locations, or someone screwed up, as there is no need to find the exact path to the forums.

Leave a comment:

• DeAtHrOw
    replied
    At the moment the default forum URL is pointed to www.pseudoform.com/forums, which is where the javascript is working. The subdomain, which is fundementally the same URL, is where the problem lies. It is pulling files from a 'forums' folder in the pseudoform.com root directory, like you suggested...but I'm sure alot of other sites use subdomains in a similar manner.

Leave a comment:

• himerus
    replied
    I'm using my forums on a subdomain (forums.myispfinder.org), and I have had no problems with the JavaScripts working properly.

Is your subdomain's HTML documents contained in a subforum of the main sites directory? If your host is using Ensim as thier web hosting management control panel, this could be causing part of the problem. In other words, is thier a directory inside of psuedoform.com that is called forums, and does the forum.psuedoform.com sub-domain pull from this same directory? Or is it set up with VB3 files in two separate locations on the server?

Which URL is set to the default forum URL in your adminCP?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I haven't seen any other reports of this problem. It is possible this is just a bug in gamma. You should post this in the Bug Tracker so a Dev can have a look at this issue.

Leave a comment:

• DeAtHrOw
    replied
    No worries.

However, I'm still left with this issue. I've resorted to calling it names and throwing things at it, but that didn't seem to have much effect...besides aggrivate the thing further. Now its resorted to threatening and spitting at my family everytime they try to use my computer. I've spent many weekends trying to build a device to stop it escaping through the monitor and burning my house. But I fear that without help, it's only a matter of time before this issue reaks it's unholy vengeance on an unsuspecting galaxy.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. Has everybody else found a way around it but are holding out on me? Or have they given up and resorted to using the single URL? Somebody must know a way to fix it. Either help a guy out or point me in the direction of better, more compitent help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Well, I do know something about the software but I freely admit I don't know everything. Sorry to have disappointed you.

Leave a comment: