No announcement yet.

Reputation feature problems and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to repeat a question from the first post, as it hasn't been addressed yet that I saw.

Now I see the litte reputation image box by their post count but I do not see the comment I gave them anywhere. What happens to that comment?
    My administrators, moderators and I would also like to be able to see the reputations that were awarded, when, what was commented on, and by who - so that we can investigate abuse reports.

How and where will I find this information?

Alastor.
    Last edited by Alastor; Wed 21 Apr '04, 1:44pm. Reason: Had a little problem with the quote.

Comment

There isn't an easy way at the moment, although for occasional investigaions you can look at the reputation database table using something like phpMyAdmin.

It has been requested as a hack on vbulletin.org but nothng much has come of it yet!

John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnK
        There isn't an easy way at the moment, although for occasional investigaions you can look at the reputation database table using something like phpMyAdmin.

It has been requested as a hack on vbulletin.org but nothng much has come of it yet!

John
        Thanks, John.

What's PHPMyadmin?

Alastor.

Comment

PhpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management tool. Most web hosts provide this as part of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How about this instead.

I'll just wait for you guys to update the tools in VB so that I can check and spot abuse with the reputation system.

How long do you expect it will be before you have the tools that are necessary to monitor this aspect of the boards in place?

Alastor.

Comment

I have no idea what you are asking for. However please feel free to post a suggestion in the vB3 Suggestions forum and it will be considered for a future version.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well I've just come here looking for the same answers as is requested above. Just so you understand Steve, what Alastor is asking for is a system so that we can see who gave what reputation and what was said. At the moment the reputation system is open to major abuse due to the anonimity of the messages. Ie- i leave bad reputation for someone and in the message i say - "Go **** yourself". Who knows who sent it?? There is no easy way to find this info out. This, although not as bad as my example above, has just started to happen on my board....
                Accrington
                Land Rover Forum
                PLC Forum

Comment

Accyroy hit it on the head.

Without a way for admin or mods to monitor reputation, it is so completely vulnerable to abuse that it becomes a liability rather than an aid in maintaining board quality.

As it sits, for a board of almost any size, it'll have to be shut off entirely to prevent abuse.

Alastor.

Comment

I wonder.. Has anyone else experienced this problem yet?
                    Accrington
                    Land Rover Forum
                    PLC Forum

Comment

You can turn on the option for the users to see who left the comments. It is an option in the usergroup manager.

Comment

Originally posted by arracing
                        I have enabled reputation and tested it out by giving some people reputation and writing a comment. Now I see the litte reputation image box by their post count but I do not see the comment I gave them anywhere. What happens to that comment? Also when i went to that persons profile The comment was not their either.
                        I don't think I saw this part of his question answered in the replies...it happens to be the current problem I'm having.

I am able to give reputation to someone, and according to how Reputation works, I should be able to click on their profile and see the comments (since I have enabled it so users cannot hide their comments)

However, i cannot see it. I can however see this in my own profile, but none other's.

Help?

Comment

Working...
                        X